What have you been doing today?

More work in the kitchen. Fitted the extractor and gave the newly plastered wall a couple of sealing coats.

Sponsored Links
Been spraying some brambles and came upon this we thing tucked away in the grass

Attachments

• IMG-20240525-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20240525-WA0007.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 37
I was playing ball with the dog in the park when two weegies appeared with two unruly pitbulls. One of them kept jumping up at me, trying to get my ball. I immediately packed up and headed back to the car. The reason I go to that park is because it is macho man and his dog free, I suspect these two were on holiday in the adjacent caravan park, both of them had tattoos all over their heads and necks.

Sponsored Links
A day off from the kitchen. On my way to the Olympic park to do a bit of work. Saw some weird dressed up characters on my train and saw even more when I changed trains at West Ham. Some sort of event going on at the Excel.

IMG_1647.jpeg

Took Mrs Mottie out for Sunday lunch to a local restaurant that has had some good reviews. https://stayrestaurant.co.uk/ Food was very nice but….they had a bloody singer there and he was effing loud! He was at the front, we asked for a table at the back and we still had to shout to talk to each other. It was like pub on the Costa full of Brits. Full of Essex types and when we came to leave, we had to push our way through a group of dancing women and step over some handbags to get out the door. 2 meals, two drinks, two desserts and the obligatory 12.5% service charge and our meal came to just short of a hundred quid. Don’t think I’ll be going there again.

Took Mrs Mottie out for Sunday lunch to a local restaurant that has had some good reviews. https://stayrestaurant.co.uk/ Food was very nice but….they had a bloody singer there and he was effing loud! He was at the front, we asked for a table at the back and we still had to shout to talk to each other. It was like pub on the Costa full of Brits. Full of Essex types and when we came to leave, we had to push our way through a group of dancing women and step over some handbags to get out the door. 2 meals, two drinks, two desserts and the obligatory 12.5% service charge and our meal came to just short of a hundred quid. Don’t think I’ll be going there again.
What did you expect from a place like thst?

You got your just desserts!

Where to? For Mrs Motties birthday a few years ago, we got a steam hauled trip from our local station, Upminster, to Winchester. Had a meal both ways. Only thing I didn’t enjoy was the soot and ash coming in the window and going in my meal!
Yesterday was Nene Valley railway runs from very near A1 bact to Peterborough.
At end of June we are booked to travel from Doncaster to Carlisle over Ribblehead viaduct. Engine that day should be the A1 class Tornado the last steam engine built in this country.

Sponsored Links
Back