What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
It may have even got as high as 603mm...
Then that's someone who's up to no good. Have you p¡ssed off any neighbours recently? This happens often.

A friend of mine went on holiday only to come home to find his fence painted . He suspects the next door neighbour, as he also has a green fence. But he denies it's him and claims he's as much a victim. He hates green and called the police. The police say painting something green isn't an offence. Unless a multitude of other colours are used, then that would be graffiti..so it wasn't Banksy.

Sponsored Links
I did wonder about it being a malicious act, because the front lawn was not half as high.

Watching a woman scrape her Jaaag along the front corner of my car (which was "safely" and correctly ensconced in an Aldi parking bay, all straight and legal-loike).

Her cracking explanation? "I was trying not to hit that car" (pointing at the car on the other side of her). :ROFLMAO: :oops:

Watching feeding time at the loch
Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 18.26.20.png

I managed to break my Parkside 20v range battery drill yesterday. The plastic casing snapped, between handle, and motor body, where the forward/reverse switch is. It still ran, so I lashed it together with an elastic band, whilst I finished what I was drilling. plastic was much thinner than I would expect. Nothing to lose, so I applied Gorilla glue to the broken edge, and clamped it together overnight. This morning it felt pretty solid.

In the meantime, so I could carry on working - I pulled out my old Makita, which had a suspect battery, last time I'd tried it, the battery had given up after just a few holes, this time it soldered on, drilling hundreds of holes. It had a battery, I had rebuilt with dodgy Ni-MH cells.

Forgot to hit the post button after I typed this out yesterday. Been up since just after 5.00 - couldn’t sleep thinking about the larder unit in the kitchen! When you open the door, two levers pull on a couple of rods that pull a tower of shelves out. It was only pulling them out about 60-70% of their travel. I went over the instructions again and again and I had all the measurements for the mechanism correct. Then I realised - I’d used the wrong bloody hinges - I’d used a pack of 5 hinges that were meant for the fridge/freezer doors that only open 90°. I should have used the pack of 5 that open approx 110° as that extra bit of travel pulls on the rods more so that the trays come out further. Too late to go back to bed now. Oh well, at least my brain has stopped aching. Phew!

Last edited:
Been doing a little bit of electrical work. Fitted a couple of sockets to the cables above the wall units that become live from the light switch that will light up my under cabinet lights. Fitted a double pole 3 amp switched spur box to the extractor fan. Replaced the single socket and double adaptor under the stairs with a twin socket outlet for the Dyson vacuum charger and internet switch. Going to fit another connection in the garage when I get an answer to my question in the electrical section. All this while our grandson is running around - our DiL is starting the early stage of labour (she thinks) so went to hospital. They told her she was very early on in the stages and she could stay there or go home. She chose to go home as she was three days in labour with the last one. Mrs Mottie met her and our son at the hospital and brought our grandson home.

What. A. Day!

Not an hour after Mrs Mottie left our DIL, she had it - at home! Our son was telling us she was having severe pains so they went to get in the car, couldn’t make it so went back indoors. My son dialled 999 and they told him to get towels and some shoelaces from his shoes to tie off the umbilical cord but he told them he couldn’t as he was holding the baby's head! Luckily within about 4 minutes, three ambulances and a paramedic turned up and literally, just as they took over, whoosh - out she came!

I now have a beautiful granddaughter. Isabel.

Excuse my red eyes - I’m a big softy when it comes to newborn babies.

IMG_1698.jpeg

The photo of the day though must be this one taken by my son of Isabel and some of the team that helped with her delivery. :LOL:

914f2cc9-925a-4eca-b83a-9f80c662c539.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back