We grew the lettuce
We grew the spuds
We grew the beetroot
We grew the runner beans
We grew the French beans
We grew the tomatoes
I bought the eggs!

AD0B07DB-7A7C-43E2-8D3F-FC0A32EC7E54.jpeg

A drizzle of olive oil and some Parmesan shavings and it was a tasty meal. (y)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Went over the allotment with Mrs Mottie to water the plants and for her to pick some of her flowers but when we got there and opened the car door, Mrs Mottie had a bit of an asthma attack. Coming from an air conditioned car, it was due to the general humidity and the smoke from the fires in Upminster and Wennigton. I think 8 houses and a local church were damaged in the Wennington blaze. I had to dash straight back home so she could have a toot on her inhaler.

I could see smoke from the Upminster fire when I got home at 11.30 this morning. Apparently there’s now another one in the back of the fields a few roads from our house. You can certainly smell it.

B43B97BA-DBAA-40EF-A50C-8240E2449523.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks bad. Have your hose at the ready it look close.

Hopefully get alot of rain tonight. Its just started spitting this side of Essex

Sponsored Links
Made a salad for our tea tonight.
We grew the lettuce
We grew the spuds
We grew the beetroot
We grew the runner beans
We grew the French beans
We grew the tomatoes
I bought the eggs!

View attachment 274880

A drizzle of olive oil and some Parmesan shavings and it was a tasty meal. (y)

Looks like your been to Sainsburys

Dunno whether I’ll be doing it next term yet - I’ve got used to not working now. I’ve done the usual tradesman trick of pricing it high, hoping not to get it but if I do, it will be worth it.
Blimey, the man from Del Monte said "Yes"! That was quick - PRU's are notoriously lackadaisical at forward planning, partly because they never know what number and type of students they will be having in the new academic year. At the moment they've been allocated funding for the Autumn term to start with. The money part of me is pleased, the work part of me is pîssed off!

Over the allotment just now (for a change :rolleyes: ) and I was taking some pictures of the bee's on my artichoke flowers. It was looking pretty spectacular. Unfortunately, a bit of 4”X2” that I stood on that I was using as a temporary border slipped and I fell right into the middle of the plant, flattening it!

CB0DCFEE-7B63-4487-9FB4-9945990493A6.jpeg
76490ED5-6649-457D-B14D-572DDEB85E39.jpeg

8AA13C06-F0C8-497A-849E-008D652BD282.jpeg

Picked up a load of fallen apples from my lawn and put them in the bin. Went inside to have a coffee and heard a CRAAAACK! Went outside and was met with this! :eek:

6D0F5BCB-DCA6-483B-B455-375CEBAD77D8.jpeg

Thing was, when it snapped, she was inside with me and looked at me as if to say "What the **** was that"? and then followed me out to inspect the damage!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back