What have you been doing today?

Haircut this morning and in about 25 minutes time as soon as Mrs Mottie gets in, we're straight off out to Sotheby's in that there London.

Sponsored Links
You going in a yellow three-wheeler, to sell a watch?

lol.

Back home now! Went up Sothebys to see some of Freddie Mercury's personal possessions that are up for auction in September. He had some right nice stuff. Less than three hours door to door. Didn’t cost us a penny either - free travel and free entry. Not bad. ;)

IMG_1630.jpeg
IMG_1629.jpeg
IMG_1628.jpeg
IMG_1627.jpeg
IMG_1626.jpeg
IMG_1625.jpeg
IMG_1624.jpeg
IMG_1623.jpeg
IMG_1622.jpeg

Sponsored Links
lol.

Back home now! Went up Sothebys to see some of Freddie Mercury's personal possessions that are up for auction in September. He had some right nice stuff. Less than three hours door to door. Didn’t cost us a penny either - free travel and free entry. Not bad. ;)

View attachment 311757View attachment 311758View attachment 311759View attachment 311760View attachment 311761View attachment 311762View attachment 311763View attachment 311764View attachment 311765
I've kept an eye on this sale and might bid for something (relatively) cheap n' cheerful...like something from his record collection - that Wurlitzer looks amazing but i bet it'll cost a leg to buy it. Ye Gads he had a lot o' bling!

Been trying to locate a new inner handle for our patio door that had cracked and was about to break. Obsolete, can’t get one anywhere and nobody even seems to make them in this size nowdays. I had a spare outer handle but of course it’s upside down/back to front. Anyway, I set to work with hammers, punches and my multi tool and I managed to remove the peened locking handle, cut a new slot for it, form a new keyhole and re-peen the locking handle into the original keyhole. Works a treat and has got me out of trouble but I’m going to look about to see if I can get the cracks on the original handle alloy welded.

IMG_5347.jpeg

Visited a solicitor today. We had our Wills done about 5 years ago and we (mainly Mrs Mottie) were unsure about some things contained in them so we decided to have them completely re-written. It was mainly to do with joint tenants/tenants in common. The solicitor that originally wrote them didn’t bother getting back in touch despite several emails and phone calls so we went elsewhere. Half an hour in with the new solicitor and she had explained to us with the help of diagrams with picture of the house, the commercial property and assets, how it was more than good enough for our current needs. She told us to think on it and let her know what we wanted to do. I think we're going to leave it as it is and we'll be more that happy to pay her bill for the advice given.

Been trying to locate a new inner handle for our patio door that had cracked and was about to break. Obsolete, can’t get one anywhere and nobody even seems to make them in this size nowdays. I had a spare outer handle but of course it’s upside down/back to front. Anyway, I set to work with hammers, punches and my multi tool and I managed to remove the peened locking handle, cut a new slot for it, form a new keyhole and re-peen the locking handle into the original keyhole. Works a treat and has got me out of trouble but I’m going to look about to see if I can get the cracks on the original handle alloy welded.

View attachment 311884

Visited a solicitor today. We had our Wills done about 5 years ago and we (mainly Mrs Mottie) were unsure about some things contained in them so we decided to have them completely re-written. It was mainly to do with joint tenants/tenants in common. The solicitor that originally wrote them didn’t bother getting back in touch despite several emails and phone calls so we went elsewhere. Half an hour in with the new solicitor and she had explained to us with the help of diagrams with picture of the house, the commercial property and assets, how it was more than good enough for our current needs. She told us to think on it and let her know what we wanted to do. I think we're going to leave it as it is and we'll be more that happy to pay her bill for the advice given.

Plenty of universal replacement handles available. You may have to drill new holes through door for the fixing screws.
Try Duffells or Northwest Hardware.

Plenty of universal replacement handles available. You may have to drill new holes through door for the fixing screws.
Try Duffells or Northwest Hardware.
Yeah, thanks. Northwest offered me a replacement that needed the door drilling. I'm a bit wary of that so I made do and mended for now.

Had a little play with my new toy over the allotment. I’m getting better. Sort of!

Went out for lunch with Mrs Mottie and friends that I've known for 50 years.

Had a little play with my new toy over the allotment. I’m getting better. Sort of!

Went out for lunch with Mrs Mottie and friends that I've known for 50 years.
Can i get one o' those to shoot down pigeons, i wonder?:unsure:

Sponsored Links
Back