What have you been doing today?

Still stuck in hospital. Three weeks this coming Sunday. Feels like 6 bloody months!
Looking to move me to a nursing home next week as they have done all they can for me here. Cancer is spreading and could only have a few weeks left. Not been an easy journey, but all financial affairs in order. Just a case of trying to enjoy what time we have left together.
Sorry to be such a downbeat.
Treasure your family. You never know whats going to happen or when.
So sorry to hear that. My sympathies.

Sponsored Links
Still stuck in hospital. Three weeks this coming Sunday. Feels like 6 bloody months!
Looking to move me to a nursing home next week as they have done all they can for me here. Cancer is spreading and could only have a few weeks left. Not been an easy journey, but all financial affairs in order. Just a case of trying to enjoy what time we have left together.
I have no words Terry other than you're in my thoughts.

Sponsored Links

Don't know what to say, except hope they are keeping you comfortable and you're well looked after. You're a top bloke on here, and in real life.

Nothing for you to be sorry about Conny.

As you say, hope you can make the most of your time and I sincerely hope their prognosis is wrong.

Wishing you all the very best.

So sorry to hear that Conny. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Last edited:

Absolutely spot on.

Lost my brother suddenly nearly 3 years ago - he was 62 and prior to the Police visiting with the news, I had never considered my mortality.

Live for the now and enjoy things as much as you can , for as long as you can. Cancer is a terrible disease and will get 50% of us during our lives - and this statistic really makes you think.

Conny, my dear fellow, I am absolutely devastated to hear your news.

Conny I'm so sorry I never expected this. I knew you weren't well but this. I'm think of you mate. I hope your comfortable.

Quote for anyone who may have missed it.

Snow overnight where we are staying. Took Susie out for a walk in the lanes this morning. Did a trial walk to the 'Dog and Muffler' pub/restaurant we are going to tonight - 4 minutes 50 seconds and that included making friends with a free running sheepdog! Hardly any houses nearby but couldn’t book a table for last night, very popular. I just hope when we walk in there tonight we don’t get the same reception as the two American hikers when they walked into the Slaughtered Lamb in an American werewolf in London. :eek:
IMG_1053.jpeg

Last edited:
Been piddling about with the electrics in the rental cottage. A breaker that controls one half of the consumer unit keeps popping. It controls 4 other breakers - cooker, downstairs lights, kitchen lights and 'garage fuse box'. (No garage but actually a car port). I managed to deduce it was the garage fuse box that was causing it to pop after about 5 minutes so left that off. Notified the owner because it controls 2 chest freezers in the car port that are full of food - both human and frozen raw dog food for his dogs. Luckily it’s cold here at the moment but he'll need to look at it pretty quick. Question for the sparkys on here - why isn’t the garage breaker popping but the main one is?

Sponsored Links
Back