What have you been doing today?

Started to do a bit more cutting back on the overhanging foliage from the adjacent garden on the community flower bed but had to call it off early due to an injury. I took my wheelie bin over there and when it was getting full of clippings, I leaned over and pushed it all down with both my hands. Unfortunately I still had the secateurs in my right hand and I pushed the point of them right into the finger of my left hand - I’m sure I hit the bone and it didn’t half bleed! It was a fairly small puncture wound but quite deep. I’ve put a plaster tightly on it and hopefully it should knit back together. No good deed goes unpunished and all that…
 
Had a bit of an accident.

Pete01 was cruising down a country road on his motorbike when a deer darted out in front of him. He swerved, lost control, and ended up in a ditch. Luckily, he wasn’t badly hurt—just a little dazed.

A shiny BMW pulled up alongside, and out stepped an absolutely stunning woman.

“Are you OK?” she asked.

Pete01 rubbed his head. “I banged it a bit, but I think I’m fine.”

“Don’t be silly,” she said. “Jump in my car—I’m a nurse. I’ll patch you up, and you can warm up at my place just a couple miles away.”

Pete01 hesitated. “That’s really kind, but my wife wouldn’t be happy if I went home with a strange woman.”

The nurse smiled. “Nonsense! You could have a serious injury. I insist.”

So, Pete01 gave in, climbed into the BMW, and off they went. At her house, she cleaned his wound, bandaged him up, and even offered him a cold beer.

“I really shouldn’t,” said Pete01. “My wife won’t like it.”

“Don’t be daft,” she laughed. “You’ve had a shock. A beer will calm you down.”

So Pete01 had the beer. Then she offered him another.

He shook his head. “Honestly, I'd better not. My wife REALLY won’t like it.”

Rolling her eyes, she asked, “Why do you keep worrying about your wife? Where is she, anyway?”

Pete01 took a sip of his beer, shrugged, and said:

“As far as I know… she’s still in the ditch.”
 
I went to a non-religious funeral of a guy I'd known and worked a bit with over 45 years.

I left as soon as reasonable, . His kids and grandkids were there, and about 100 more.
I felt sore and lonely.
 
Back
Top