What have you been doing today?

Started to do a bit more cutting back on the overhanging foliage from the adjacent garden on the community flower bed but had to call it off early due to an injury. I took my wheelie bin over there and when it was getting full of clippings, I leaned over and pushed it all down with both my hands. Unfortunately I still had the secateurs in my right hand and I pushed the point of them right into the finger of my left hand - I’m sure I hit the bone and it didn’t half bleed! It was a fairly small puncture wound but quite deep. I’ve put a plaster tightly on it and hopefully it should knit back together. No good deed goes unpunished and all that…
 
I went to a non-religious funeral of a guy I'd known and worked a bit with over 45 years.

I left as soon as reasonable, . His kids and grandkids were there, and about 100 more.
I felt sore and lonely.
 
We went to RHS Hyde Hall today - a cooking and vegetable growing event. Saw some absolutely massive vegetables.
IMG_4746.jpeg
IMG_4749.jpeg
IMG_4748.jpeg
IMG_4747.jpeg
IMG_4750.jpeg


I got some serious pumpkin envy too. Must try better next year.

IMG_4751.jpeg


Managed to 'collect' a few specialist French beans from their display which I will attempt to grow next year.

IMG_4766.jpeg
 
On the way home from RHS Hyde Hall we called in to our friends to pay a visit to young Peggy. Of course, she and a few of her litter found my trainers very interesting, both the laces, sole and heel!

IMG_4764.jpeg


Final goodbye to her - when we see her next Thursday, she’ll be coming with us to her new home so I’ve told her to pack her bags and be ready for collection. :love:

IMG_4762.jpeg
 
Hospital, yet a **ing again.
Camera down the food pipe.
Not very nice. They sedate you unless you're likely to drop dead on them. So I watched what was going on.
They get the tube in, then feed things down it like the camera and snips. Past the stomach into the duodenum.
About 35 biopsy wire things went down, all about 4ft long each, as I remember. Yards of them.
I could just about speak, so I asked if I got a discount for quantity.
He sort of smirked a bit, then sort of gestured for me to stfu.
I said "Sorry mate, I thought you expected people to gag."
That made him pause.

I convulsed a few times, so nurses held me down with handcuffs and whips, like you pay through the nose for if you go private.
They were ALL Filipino.
That's mandatory, they quipped , - "apart from one or two".
I asked if any of them came on, like, rubber boats?
Nooo, they flew.
Apart from Farouk, said one. Oh yes, another said, Farouk probably did.
He's from Karachi.
 
Went over our daughters in North London today - one of her neighbours organises a little annual Conker competition for the street. They allowed us to take part on a wild card. It came down to me and my son in the final. He had 4 swings, missed me every time, I hit him 4 times and smashed my own Conker to pieces so he won! They weren’t best pleased that the trophy was going to spend the next year in Essex, they said we were ringers - it’s never left Enfield before. It has now! :ROFLMAO:

IMG_4773.jpeg
IMG_4781.jpeg
IMG_4784.jpeg


He hasn’t stopped rubbing it in - his trophy has taken pride of place in his house.

e9a0d682-6a3c-466c-a2ac-e5e41f0bc3c8.jpeg
 
Had one of my one year fixed ISA's maturing today with Shawbrook. Was at 4.11% and I had given them instructions a week ago to put it into another of their one year fixes at 4.83%. Had a quick look on their site this morning and I saw that they now have a new one out today at 4.94%. I had until 5pm today to change my maturity instruction so I did it quickly. Only an extra 0.11% which for this ISA will amount to a little over £100 at the end of the year but for just a couple of clicks on a website, worth doing. Better in my pocket than in theirs! Had Mrs Mottie change hers too but hers doesn’t mature until the 10th so if a better offer comes out before then …… :ROFLMAO:
 
Last edited:
Mrs Mottie has been getting the crate ready for the imminent arrival of our new pup Peggy Sue. She's bought some material and has been busy on the sewing machine making a cover to turn it into a den. Toys bought, food bought and she’s just washing a new throw that she bought to put inside because two, yes two, bits of fluff came off onto her trousers and in her mind, two bits of fluff could choke a puppy! :rolleyes:

She was telling our daughter yesterday about the regime she’s going to follow to train it and introduce it to the grandchildren when our daughter stopped her and said "Mum. Stop overthinking it". She's had enough of her already but I’ve got years of it to come! :rolleyes:

IMG_4786.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Booked an MSC 14 night cruise in their Yacht club premium suite, personal butler etc. 24/7 personal concierge. 5 star all the way. Our own hot tub on our balcony

1791302856495.png
 
Last edited:
Back
Top