What have you been doing today?

We’ve done most of our cruises with P&O but this year we tried Marella (TUI) and found the staff, food and entertainment brilliant. Our most recent cruise last month was with P&O (Azura) which we had been on several times before and this time we were disappointed. Entertainment was like amateur hour, food wasn’t that good unless you ate in the speciality restaurants in the evening. We were in a suite so had our own restaurant for breakfast where it was all cooked fresh. Mrs Mottie has coeliac disease and must have gluten free cooked and prepared meals. The speciality and suite restaurants could cater for that as they took her order the day before but the daytime buffets and restaurants were useless so she was basucally limited to chips or salad. Not great when you’ve paid a fair whack over £4K for a weeks cruise. Apart from the Japan trip, we think we will stick with Marella in future. Mind you, we may have just been lucky with Marella and unluckily with P&O although I do prefer 'British' ships with things priced in Sterling that don’t have compulsory gratuities irrespective of the service you receive and 20% added onto the price of every fücking drink. And Yanks. I can’t stand Yanks on cruises where their idea of formal attire is a clean basketball kit! Cruising these days is not what it used to be. It’s become too affordable for the lower classes! :mrgreen:
We find Princess second to non for both service and entertainment, food is first class but tthen we did a couple with Cunard but we found those a bit too formal. P&O seem to be like royal caribean where the lower classes are finding cruises affordable so I am wary of the one we have booked, we are in the suites though so we should be segregated from the peasants. We shall see.
 
We find Princess second to non for both service and entertainment, food is first class but tthen we did a couple with Cunard but we found those a bit too formal. P&O seem to be like royal caribean where the lower classes are finding cruises affordable so I am wary of the one we have booked, we are in the suites though so we should be segregated from the peasants. We shall see.
We might give princess a go but I think the only non British line we have been with is Royal Caribbean (Splendour of the seas which is now Marella Discovery) and that was my one and only experience of Yanks on a cruise. The only thing I liked about that cruise was a trip down into the bowels of the engine room where I saw one of the engines being overhauled that my mate treated me to although it cost him $200 to 'win' it in an onboard charity auction!

Now that’s what you call a piston ring!

IMG_8865.jpeg
 
We might give princess a go but I think the only non British line we have been with is Royal Caribbean (Splendour of the seas which is now Marella Discovery) and that was my one and only experience of Yanks on a cruise. The only thing I liked about that cruise was a trip down into the bowels of the engine room where I saw one of the engines being overhauled that my mate treated me to although it cost him $200 to 'win' it in an onboard charity auction!

Now that’s what you call a piston ring!

View attachment 423678
Our favorite ship is Sky Princess with Princess cruises. Give them a go, you will not be dissapointed. Only one to avoid with Princess is the caribean princess iit is a small ship and we didnt like that one much, lousy staff and a bit miserable, Sky princess treats you like Royalty in a suite. Lena and myself are fantastic to look at and always attract attention, whilst people are sucking up to the captain, he was sucking up to us and was as bad as some of the passengers trying to hang out with us.
 
Last edited:
Had one of my one year fixed ISA's maturing today with Shawbrook. Was at 4.11% and I had given them instructions a week ago to put it into another of their one year fixes at 4.83%. Had a quick look on their site this morning and I saw that they now have a new one out today at 4.94%. I had until 5pm today to change my maturity instruction so I did it quickly. Only an extra 0.11% which for this ISA will amount to a little over £100 at the end of the year but for just a couple of clicks on a website, worth doing. Better in my pocket than in theirs! Had Mrs Mottie change hers too but hers doesn’t mature until the 10th so if a better offer comes out before then …… :ROFLMAO:
Win some, lose some. A larger chunk we have in a one year fixed NS&I income bond has gone up from 4.69% to 4.99%. Can’t access the principal amount in a bond (just the interest which is paid out) until it finishes. Bah humbug!
 
Picked up the pup!

Broght her home, let her have her first taste of the great outdoors. She was a bit wary.


Brought her back in, let her explore the kitchen and her new toys, then she waddled off into the crate, raked her bed and dropped off to sleep.

IMG_4792.jpeg

Going…

IMG_4793.jpeg


Going.

IMG_4797.jpeg


Gone!

IMG_4798.jpeg
 
Fed and watered the pup her last meal of the day. Let her out for a poo and a pee and let her play with her toys until she started getting tired. She conked out next to me on the sofa and when she was well asleep, I transferred her to her crate. She's sleeping soundly now so I’ll creep off to bed and take my phone up with me to check on her through the night. So far, so good. She’s a well behaved little pup.

IMG_9720.png
 
3.15am She’s having a little grizzle on her crate so I’ve come down and am just mulling about making a cup of tea until she settles. It’s hard to resist taking her out of the crate and giving her a cuddle but that would be making a rod for my own back!
 
3.15am She’s having a little grizzle on her crate so I’ve come down and am just mulling about making a cup of tea until she settles. It’s hard to resist taking her out of the crate and giving her a cuddle but that would be making a rod for my own back!
I am just sat with a coffee stroking my greyhound as just back in from a call out, I couldn't resist waking her up to stroke her. Lena would go mad if she new I had woke her up.
 
All quiet at the moment. I think she’s just dropped off. I’ll give her another few minutes and then go back to bed.
 
Back
Top