What have you bought today?

Thanks. I’ve seen that Andy. It says this though:

"John, from Winchester, Hants, took the TV back to Currys and quoted the six-year rule the warranty company told him about.
Currys rejected this claim and told him there was no such rule………It’s a question that many people ask, so it’s good to be able to clarify exactly what the position is. There is no European law that says goods must work for at least six years, or that you have a right to repair, refund or replacement during this period".

Sponsored Links
I got the vast majority of the cost of my fridge refunded and kept the fridge under that rule.

You only have to mention CRA2015 and it unlocks doors previously slammed shut with the comment, "Sorry it's more than 12 months old.....", when they know full well the legislation goes further than that.
B'stards.

The bloody thing would not power up yesterday. Tried a new fuse, tried it in a different socket but totally dead. Tried it a few times after they had arranged collection for tomorrow and still nothing. This morning - bingo, it powered up and I’ve run through all the programmes and it’s working fine. Switched it off and unplugged it several times and each time it powered up and works fine. Phoned them up and they said they can only find a fault if the fault is present. I cancelled collection for tomorrow but asked them to note the fault which they have done. Confusing! (n)

Sponsored Links
I bought the services of a chippy to fit some rebated French doors for me. Took him best part of a day. **** knows how long it would have taken me especially without the tools, the skills and the patience! It’s great when you can sit back and pay someone else do something you can’t. :)

Took my wife out for a meal tonight.
Well, not strictly true. She had been looking after our granddaughter today as her mum has been in hospital. When we took her home I decided to go the chippy for dinner so we had pie & chips sat in the car park eating them whilst we people watched. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

We were on holiday a while ago and Mrs Mottie was celebrating her big birthday. We were looking for somewhere to eat and we walked past an expensive French restaurant. She remarked how wonderful it looked inside and commented on the gorgeous smells coming out of the door. Sod it I thought, give the old girl a treat, so I turned her round and let her walk back past it again…….

The bloody thing would not power up yesterday. Tried a new fuse, tried it in a different socket but totally dead. Tried it a few times after they had arranged collection for tomorrow and still nothing. This morning - bingo, it powered up and I’ve run through all the programmes and it’s working fine. Switched it off and unplugged it several times and each time it powered up and works fine. Phoned them up and they said they can only find a fault if the fault is present. I cancelled collection for tomorrow but asked them to note the fault which they have done. Confusing! (n)
Bastard. Packed up again. Had a couple of cups this morning, went to have another and no power up. Definitely going back on Friday and I’m not going to touch the thing till then. :mad:

We were on holiday a while ago and Mrs Mottie was celebrating her big birthday. We were looking for somewhere to eat and we walked past an expensive French restaurant. She remarked how wonderful it looked inside and commented on the gorgeous smells coming out of the door. Sod it I thought, give the old girl a treat, so I turned her round and let her walk back past it again…….

This joke is older than you, which makes it VERY ancient! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

An extending patio awning. 4m x 3m for £214 in the sale. Just need my son in law to pop round when I'm ready to install it and give me a hand to lift it into place.

Bastard. Packed up again. Had a couple of cups this morning, went to have another and no power up. Definitely going back on Friday and I’m not going to touch the thing till then. :mad:
Well, DPD arrived today to take my machine away for repair…..and dropped off the coffee I bought for it. Bloody ****takers! :rolleyes:

A burny dustbin for the allotment.

A383C7CD-0A75-4588-B4A8-72A9C838814F.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back