What have you bought today?

A Scheppach plunge track saw. £215 and compared to my old circular saw it's the dogs knackers!
Cut a strip with my circular using the edge gauge. H'mm, looked ok but it slightly run off the thick pencil line by a fraction.
Used the Scheppy on the next cut with another thick line and was left with a perfectly straight thin line. :)

Sponsored Links
Aldi /Scheppach plate compactor, my old one is twice the weight and hitting power so needed a lighter one for the first few runs over the foam glass aggregate.
812A8EA2-F542-44BF-801B-C9218578C010.jpeg

A new 12 month sim contract with Three through TopCashback for Mrs Mottie. 8Gb data, unlimited calls and texts in 71 countries around the world INCLUDING EUROPE. £7/month (£11 if buying direct from Three!). £30 cashback so effectively £4.50/month.

Sponsored Links
Some engine oil and some car cleaning stuff from Halfords. Some of their stuff isn’t bad if you have a trade card.

E708F546-4907-4FDE-95C2-11F4AE7FC9FD.jpeg

Bugger, just remembered, I have AA membership and you get an extra 10% off even after the trade discount - I completely forgot about that.

Picked up 4 sheets of 2.4m x 1.2m x 12mm ply and 5 sheets of the same size MDF for gratis. :)
All brand new and wrapped in plastic to prevent it getting wet if it rained, even still had the nylon bands and edge protectors on.
Builders ordered it for the joiners because they said they thought they may need a few pieces to do some de-snagging. They didn't need them, the skip had been picked up so the project manager asked if I could 'dispose' of them. I said I certainly can if you give me an 'off-site' chitty for them, which he duly did by putting them down as 'surplus to requirements'.
All nicely tucked up in my wood store shed awaiting use on some future project. I priced them on B&Q and they came to over £300. :)

A rectangular bucket which fits my window cleaning squeegee and wiper. Been using an old plastic planter for the past couple of years so decided to treat myself to a proper one. Mind you, at £17.99 I'll have to clean the windows more often to justify it's cost! :LOL:

17 quids worth of Nespresso pods. Had a bit of luck today. Our Nespresso coffee machine packed up. Bought it in March 2019. At the time it was £450 in the Nespresso boutique in Bluewater but £350 almost next door in John Lewis. I asked them to price match and they couldn’t but they did say to buy it from JL, come back to the boutique, buy some coffee and they would register it for me which we did. Typically, it has a two year guarantee but they said I’d get a better guarantee once registered. Anyway, it packed up yesterday and is just not powering up. I phoned Nespresso and they said it was guaranteed as long as I had an active account. I hadn’t bought coffee from them for over a year but I was advised to buy some coffee, minimum amount 50 capsules, and they would reactivate the account. I did that, account reactivated and they are collecting my machine on Wednesday for a warranty repair. Result!

Shouldn't need to buy anything.

There should be a six year guarantee on goods. As far as I'm aware, Brexit has not changed this, but I am prepared to stand corrected.

17 quids worth of Nespresso pods. Had a bit of luck today. Our Nespresso coffee machine packed up. Bought it in March 2019. At the time it was £450 in the Nespresso boutique in Bluewater but £350 almost next door in John Lewis. I asked them to price match and they couldn’t but they did say to buy it from JL, come back to the boutique, buy some coffee and they would register it for me which we did. Typically, it has a two year guarantee but they said I’d get a better guarantee once registered. Anyway, it packed up yesterday and is just not powering up. I phoned Nespresso and they said it was guaranteed as long as I had an active account. I hadn’t bought coffee from them for over a year but I was advised to buy some coffee, minimum amount 50 capsules, and they would reactivate the account. I did that, account reactivated and they are collecting my machine on Wednesday for a warranty repair. Result!

The other week my 3 year old Grundig (Non intergrated) dishwasher packed up....

Could not repair so I was told to go into Curry for a replacement. So I got a integrated (ready for new kitchen) Neff dishwasher. I paid the extra but done me a favour. Just hoping the tumble dryer and Washing machine pack up now.

Shouldn't need to buy anything.

There should be a six year guarantee on goods. As far as I'm aware, Brexit has not changed this, but I am prepared to stand corrected.
Well, I’ve heard this 6 year rule on numerous occasions but never heard of anyone getting something sorted in law after a max of two years. Do you have a link to that piece of legislation? The best I can find is something that says after 6 months the onus is on the purchaser to prove that faulty manufacture was is responsible for the breakdown. That will cost for tests and examination etc then you have to start legal argument or action. That will involve time and expense with no guarantee of success. Buying 17 quids worth of coffee that I will consume anyway seems a much quicker, less painful and tastier option. :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Back