What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
An Irish lady come round to look at the Garden.. only for the small one.. she bought 4 dogs with her...... that old trick I thought..... two dogs later and lighter £800....

Where they her dogs? Or was she just a dog walker who got bored?

And she brought them to you??

Down to the vets to check for any micro chips.

Andy

Where they her dogs? Or was she just a dog walker who got bored?

And she brought them to you??

Down to the vets to check for any micro chips.

Andy

First thing in the Morning. Calling the vets. Got them through Lea Valley Dog rescue. Lovey old dear (all the best conmen are)
but I'm a bit suspicious.

Got the dogs but paid nothing yet....

Sponsored Links
Our friend helps out with a dog rescue organisation. She sometimes has to go round vetting people/houses for their suitability for homing a rescue dog. She's never mentioned taking any dogs with her though.

Keyed chuck adaptor, thats a throwback

Quite pleased that is with it as saves having to buy all new wood/twist drills. (The generosity of one of my previous employers would have all been in vain. :sneaky: :LOL::LOL:)
And here's the chisel/bits set I forgot to post.

IMG_0541.JPG

What I meant was, the adapters are usually of the keyless variety

Ah you mean the twist type that you get on cordless drills? Don't think one of them would suffice on something like this. I doubt you would be able to lock it tight enough. What I like about the alternative chuck is it has an SDS shaft so it just pops in. I had visions of having to take the SDS one off first, like I needed to do with my B&D many, many moons ago to change from 3/8" to 1/2". The 1/2" wouldn't close down enough to take small bits so it was a right PITA.
You can't use hammer action with the keyed chuck. Not sure if that is a problem for some but don't think it will be for me.

I have always used twist chucks on SDS, usually if the battery is flat on my other drill, no problems

My 'dessert' from last nights meal. £6.50 plus 12.5% service charge. Sometimes me and Mrs Mottie share a dessert if we are a bit full. Good job I didn’t ask for this and two spoons - we'd have looked a right pair of tightwads!

883AEB9B-15C9-4C33-B9D3-DA60DBBB023B.jpeg

Last edited:
A used Hive active heating and hot water thermostat and receiver off of the bay. £25. Fingers crossed that they work but if they don’t, they’ll be going straight back as they were sold as working!
702C65CF-4C48-418D-A5B1-C53B49B93AB3.jpeg ED161EC4-353D-45AB-8BAB-9CCCA5DDD1F2.jpeg

Not bought but rented. Our new half-size allotment plot. Needs a bit of work as it’s been neglected by the previous plot holder. Slightly bigger than our existing plot and better situated - whole plot in full sun for most of the day and right next to the water trough! £30 a year. :)

3FC275C0-9B17-4C26-8635-DE2A798FEACA.jpeg

1E453739-D685-45E2-9B27-CA7C9E0E43AB.jpeg

Last edited:
A 48mx2m roll of weed barrier to cover my allotment beds with when I’ve got rid of those weeds! Believe it or not, there’s 9 beds in that half plot above.

Not bought but rented. Our new half-size allotment plot. Needs a bit of work as it’s been neglected by the previous plot holder. Slightly bigger than our existing plot and better situated - whole plot in full sun for most of the day and right next to the water trough! £30 a year. :)

View attachment 241731

I can see the attraction (upper right........:rolleyes::rolleyes:)

Sponsored Links
Back