What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
Grr! Arrived today but new Lance was for K4/K5 models only and not the K7 that I have. Idiots - as part of the claim I had to sent them the model, the serial number and a photo of the sticker on the machine and they still got it wrong! They are sending another one now but DPD are picking the wrong one up tomorrow.
I’m beginning to think that Karcher are staffed by a bunch of ****ing idiots. They collected the wrongly sent gun yesterday and this morning I had a special delivery of…….yep, another wrong gun! FFS!

9FAAC025-5207-4BDF-AC6E-0483ABBBF613.jpeg

A wedding dress for Miss Mottie according to Mrs Mottie. They’ve been out all day trying them on. Don’t know what it looks like, don’t know what it’s cost either. Not allowed to see it apparently! Weird.

Sponsored Links
IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0511.JPG
Workshop is progressing. Got the basic bench structures up so soon be able to put away the temporary pasting table I'm using for tool storage.
Start thinking about were the power outlets are going to be positioned. There will be a backstand on the top of the benches so thats one possibility but I'm toying with the idea of the front fascias under the table tops, Outlets will be flush with the over hang of the worktop. Decisions, decisions. :LOL::LOL:

progressing. Got the basic bench structures up so soon be able to put away the temporary pasting table I'm using for tool storage.
Start thinking about were the power outlets are going to be positioned. There will be a backstand on the top of the benches so thats one possibility but I'm toying with the idea of the front fascias under the table tops, Outlets will be flush with the over hang of the worktop. Decisions, decisions.

I've got one of those Evolution Rage saws. Great value for money. I bought one because I was getting too old and tired to lug around my old De Walt reversible flip saw, combi saw and table saw combined, great piece of kit, but heavy. It's fine if you know you're on a job for a few weeks and the premises are secure, but not something you want to lug around every day.

The problem I found with the Evolution is that it comes with a 'multi purpose' blade, cuts through anything, alloy, wood, wood with nails in, but if you need to do 'fine' work like cutting mitres on trims for kitchen units, the blade will chip the coating, and no-one seems to supply the same size blade with a finer tooth configuration.

Had my eye on a small Bosch sliding angle saw but with a year to go don't want to shell out too much.

Anyway, cutting a long story short, a few months back, faced with some fine cutting, I found found a blade with the same diameter but a mm or 2 difference in the bore size. A bit of work with a file and a hammer pursuaded the blade to fit and it did an OK job.

Don't try this at home, health and safety would have a field day.

........ I found found a blade with the same diameter but a mm or 2 difference in the bore size. A bit of work with a file and a hammer pursuaded the blade to fit and it did an OK job. :eek:

Don't try this at home, health and safety would have a field day.

I will never 'adapt' wrong fittings for high powered machines. They are dangerous enough when manufactured to correct processes.

I’m beginning to think that Karcher are staffed by a bunch of ****ing idiots. They collected the wrongly sent gun yesterday and this morning I had a special delivery of…….yep, another wrong gun! FFS!

View attachment 239923
Well, the correct Bluetooth gun arrived today at last. Still didn’t cure my problem though. I phoned them up and they are collecting the machine on Friday. The girl told me to send the original Bluetooth gun with it and keep the new replacement as a spare! Fair enough. :)

240volt bell for a customer, he has a beam across his driveway, when someone comes in rings the bell in the garden

A 5kg sack of dried tripe sticks for the dawgs. We call it 'stink' in our house for obvious reasons!

upload_2021-7-29_21-57-16.jpeg

12 packs of loft boards, 6 of which are now going back as not needed.
I 'tanked' out the old shed, which has a rotting floor, with a huge heavy duty tarpaulin and then laid new flooring down. The old floor dipped at one end by 2" so it was a case of laying the tarp around and running it up the walls to around 3', effectively making it like a canoe as my wife says. Then starting at the dipped end laying a 2" board across the full width to being it up level. The 2" boards were then followed by decreasing thicknesses, (1 1/2", 1", 1/2" and 1/4"), and then the flooring laid down and screwed into position. As the walls are quite sound decided not to line the walls and save myself £65 by taking the extras back. That will go towards paying for the skip we are hiring for all the carp out of the other sheds.

An Asda mobile PAYG SIM card for Mrs Mottie. Topped it up with a fiver and bought a £5 bundle - 1Gb data and unlimited mins/texts. Only a temporary measure - I’m porting her three number onto it. Once that’s gone through, I’ll get her a fresh contract with Three and port the number back to them. Reason being is that she’s paying £8 a month now and her initial 12 month contract has expired. If she does nothing, it stays on same deal but goes up to £19 a month. Taking out a new 12 month contract with Three will be £7 a month plus £25 cash back through TopCashback.co.U.K. so will end up costing less than a fiver a month. Next year, same again. I do the same with my contract. We never pay the apathy tax!

Sponsored Links
Back