What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
A new washing machine, Free delivery, free installation and a 10er cheaper than the usual suspects, direct from LG.

A tank of diesel. Nothing strange in that but I never thought I’d see the day that it costs over a hundred quid to fill up a Golf!
The definition of old age is when you buy the car that cost more than your first house, the definition of 'coffin dodger' is when you pay more than your first years wages on a tank of fuel.

The definition of old age is when you buy the car that cost more than your first house, the definition of 'coffin dodger' is when you pay more than your first years wages on a tank of fuel.
Well I’m at old age under that definition but not in the coffin dodger bracket yet!

Sponsored Links
An inner tube for a wheelbarrow that I got given the other day.
I’ve got a spare tube and tyre in my shed.
I‘ve also got a spare Briggs and Stratton engine for my lawnmower, and fuel tank, carb, blades etc.
I’ve turned into my grandfather :oops:

A cable tie gun and a stud wall anchor setting tool.
Now I am about to order a new, 'all singing, all dancing' weather station after 'almost' buying it in town earlier. Went into a shop called Sneezums, which sells high quality cameras. telescopes, jewellery etc and saw this weather staion that measures inside/outside temperatures, inside/outside humidity, forecasts coming weather, anemometer for wind speed, weathervane for wind direction and has a history function to look back on recent readings so you can determine a trend if you wish.
Whilst in the shop I carefully lifted down the outside equipment to have a good look at it. After deciding I would buy it I was carefully replacing it when this 'elderly' woman took it off me saying, "I'll put that back!" No tact or diplomacy such as, "Would you like me to replace that sir?" or "Would you like some help sir? I can get you a set of small steps to save you stretching." No! Just a snappy, "I'll put that back!"
I handed it to her carefully and said to her, "With that condescending attitude you have just lost a £140 sale." Turned round and walked out.
Come home and find the exact same unit on Amazon for £79.99

PS Shop management have been sent a strong email suggesting they train their staff to treat ALL customers equally. Just because I was wearing jeans and trainers doesn't mean I can't afford something in their shop. Bit of a 'Pretty Woman' scene actually except I won't be going back to show off to them.

>>Snip<<
I handed it to her carefully and said to her, "With that condescending attitude you have just lost a £140 sale." Turned round and walked out.
>>Snip<<
I do wonder what it is with some (elderly female) shop assistants, was in a branch of "the Range' recently looking for a couple of "Really Useful Box" A4 flat boxes, couldn't find them on the shop floor initially - lots of other plastic boxes on the shelves but not the make / ones I was looking for. The shop assistant was less than helpful to the extent of saying 'don't know what your talking about*, shop dosen't stock, etc"(*with the inference "I", myself, didn't know what I asking for). On the way out I passed a stack of boxes of the make, but not the size I wanted. Trying to be helpful, and killing time as wifey was elsewhere, I went back to find her to tell her that the shop had some boxes of the make - her response was 'wot do I want to know that for' - "maybe someone else will ask you the same question?"
Like you Conny 'cause of her attitude I wouldn't have purchased from that shop then had the shop had a stock of the boxes and I let the shop manager know of my thoughts.

Last edited:
Had a reply to the email apologising profusely and saying the member of staff had been spoken to, (they only had two women on duty so probably both got a ticking off), with the excuse they were short staffed due to illness. Still no need to be rude to customers.
Had that sort of attitude in The Range myself when asking about some gardening equipment. First answer was something like, "I don't know, I don't work in there." So I asked who was best to ask, "I don't know." Next question, "Where is your gardening section please?" Reply, "In the corner." and off she walks.
Which corner??? There's 4 of them with high stocked shelves blocking any view in every direction!

Can't remember what it was but I went into my local ironmongery as a teen and asked the price of something where the label wasn't clear.

I suggested a price and she looked at like I'd just slapped her.

"Don't be stupid", she said, "It can't possibly be that cheap!"

I told her it was a good job I knew the owner (I did, and went on to do lots of electrical work for him), otherwise I'd be walking out and never shopping there again.

I told John about it when I next saw him. After that, I didn't see her in the shop again.

Sponsored Links
Back