What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
Couple of books and jigsaws from a car boot sale.
My wife bought some Black Angus steaks, (9 big sirloins for £20), a big joint of Angus beef, (same size last Christmas for £20 fed 14 of us at Christmas lunch and still had some over for sandwiches), today it cost £25. Boned leg of lamb, boned shoulder of lamb, (just had that for dinner and lots left over), and 9 lamb chops for £35 Did some research when we bought the first lot of beef last year and traced it back to the farm of origin. Firm had an outstanding certification for hygiene so had no worries about todays purchases and, looking at them thoroughly before wrapping for the freezers, am confident these will be just as good. The guy is a family business and sells from the same spot each fortnight when the booty is on. During the week/winter he has his own shop near Cambridge and employs about a dozen people. After buying our meat I was standing at the burger van waiting for my order when I jokingly asked if they got their burgers from the guy across the way. The woman replied they had been getting all their meats from him, mince, (burgers), sausages, bacon, ham and pork, for over 5 years since they opened the burger van.
While we were eating our food my wife was totting up how much sales he made, (he wore a headset and was booming out the spiel to attract customers), and she said in about half an hour he had collected over £1,800 in sales. We bought ours around 9.00am and it was now just past 9.30am with still the main crowd to arrive about 11.00am

Couple of books and jigsaws from a car boot sale.

I've not been to one of those for many years, apart from a very local one - I thought they had more or less died out, judging by how the local one had declined. It used to be a dozen rows on the local glebe, last year it was down to just one single row. I used to enjoy them, but only rarely found anything worth buying.

Sponsored Links
During the spring we usually pop in to one near Ipswich, but the ground is so bumpy and has small potholes it is becoming increasingly dangerous for my wife to manoeuvre her mobility scooter safely. The one we went to yesterday was near Newmarket with a flat ground and it was huge! Must have been at least 15 long rows on one side and about 10 on the other. Took us a good 3 hours to get round and that is without looking at each stall. Probably won't go to another this year because it will be all Christmas stuff and we already have enough of that.

The largest one for miles, was in a local city and on council owned property. It was beset with problems of fake and stolen goods being sold there, police and TS were there almost every week, making arrests. The council eventually decided it was better to not allow it to take place at all, than expend money on the policing and TS.

Half day 'landrover experience' in Devon early next week.

1664346418522.png

Half day 'landrover experience' in Devon early next week.

View attachment 280836
They’re great! We got a free day at Eastnor chucked in as part of the deal when we bought an Evoque once. Went up steps, through water, up and down muddy tracks that you wouldn’t even walk on and Mrs Mottie even got it up on three wheels at one point!

3864E22F-9964-484A-82B6-95CC6A422186.jpeg

Last edited:
A rear washer jet for the A3 and an under-cabinet kitchen roll holder. Livin' the life!

They’re great! We got a free day at Eastnor chucked in as part of the deal when we bought an Evoque once. Went up steps, through water, up and down muddy tracks that you wouldn’t even walk on and Mrs Mottie even got it up on three wheels at one point!

Not much need for that on the school run :)

Thanks, must admit I'm well excited about it. Mrs filly on the other hand is s******g herself.

I started my Christmas shopping today. A Charlotte Tilbury beauty advent calendar. Having to buy these advent calendars earlier and earlier as they sell out fast.

Sponsored Links
Back