What have you bought today?

Blimey. Two self-appointed titans of 'business' who don’t realise that most of the business deals in this country are concluded in the 19th hole. ;)
The best construction rep in the business alternates between the golf course & a box at the football.

Sponsored Links
The best construction rep in the business alternates between the golf course & a box at the football.
Ah right, so between a good walk ruined and watching 22 millionaires kick a bit of leather about for 90 minutes?

Ah right, so between a good walk ruined and watching 22 millionaires kick a bit of leather about for 90 minutes?
A lot of business deals are created on the golf course. This doesn't mean there is any other practical reason to be on a golf course.

Do you issue MOT's on the golf course? At the 19th hole???

A lot of business deals are created on the golf course. This doesn't mean there is any other practical reason to be on a golf course.

Do you issue MOT's on the golf course? At the 19th hole???
Back in the days of handwritten MOTs I knew a geezer who used to hand them out at the golf club to his mates.

Sponsored Links
What have I bought today?

A hooky MOT from some bloke down the golf club.

Back in the days of handwritten MOTs I knew a geezer who used to hand them out at the golf club to his mates.
I know people that hand out computerised ones! It’s rife and is why they will be switching to number plate recognition in MOT inspection bays.

I know people that hand out computerised ones! It’s rife and is why they will be switching to number plate recognition in MOT inspection bays.

Still fiddleable though. I suspect the hardest things for MOT stations is the minimum time to be spent on each test,, that must have drastically reduced the throughput of tests, and to be fair, the cost of the test hasn't gone up that much over the last 20 years, that must hurt.

Still fiddleable though. I suspect the hardest things for MOT stations is the minimum time to be spent on each test,, that must have drastically reduced the throughput of tests, and to be fair, the cost of the test hasn't gone up that much over the last 20 years, that must hurt.
It’s not a problem if you have more than one tester at each station as you can leave one 'cooking' while the other tester is doing another and then leave that one to cook while the clock runs down as only the logging on and logging off times are recorded. Some stations may have a dozen MOT testers on their books, many of whom are just part time testers and friends of the owner and it’s not unknown for those testers to phone the details through to get the vehicle logged on to the system to start the clock running before even setting off with the car. In the remote chance that VOSA would turn up before they got there, they would, cough, be out warming up the engine for the emissions test. ;)

Not today, but over the last couple of weeks and days...

Got some new rubber for the Honda: Bridgestone WeatherControl A005 Evo tyres.

Also bought it a new rear wiper, had the Aircon topped up and had the anti-roll bar drop-links changed all round.

Mrs Secure swears she hasn't noticed the difference (What??), but there is now no creaking, bumping and thumping from the rear or the front nearside. Small bumps at lower speeds were just about OK, but driving down the road at 90 degrees to ours was so dreadful!

She keeps telling me to stop banging on about the improvement. But it is so peaceful now and feels much tighter.

I don't know if it is imperative to swap these components in pairs, but I felt happier doing that.

Yesterday, I bought a white cabbage - yep, a cabbage, from the next towns market. I've never cooked it before and I am still very much wearing the L plates for cooking. I read up on it, but nothing I read gave any clues of how to cut it up, so I just guessed and attacked it with a knife. Idea was to part cook and freeze for future use, just to have in, without having to go buy fresh every time.

Most online sources suggested simmering for 1 to 3 minutes, until tender. It still wasn't tended after 10 minutes, but I gave up at that, cooled it, trayed it and froze it, before transferring to containers. One recipe suggests sautéing, in olive oil and butter - I have a mind to try that, when I get round to using it.

Whilst at the next town got to via the bus, I decided to have a look round their local Iceland to see if their selection might be any better than our nearest Iceland. It was, much better and I briefly thought to buy some stock, until I realised my freezers at home were already rammed with stock, so I thought maybe next time I am there.

Which was a lucky decision really - because I got on completely the wrong bus for home *+-). I checked the display on the bus stop sign, it said my bus number was DUE, a bus of the right colour came round the corner, though a single decker. Usually the right one is a double, but they do sometimes put a single decker on. On I got, sat behind the driver, couldn't see forward for the driver's compartment, couldn't see out of the window alongside me for a large Covid warning label stuck there, so settled to read a free paper. Glanced up occasionally and just saw the expected greenery and countryside going past, so nothing of concern, until the bus pulled up outside an unrecognised to me local shop.

Paying a bit more attention, I realised we were in another village, not on my buses route and around 4 miles from home and somewhere I had never been before on a bus, so I was clueless about how to get from there back to home. The bus stop gave no clues, but my Iphone and it's bus App came to my rescue. I had an hour to wait for a direct bus to my village, then another 20 minutes wait from my village to home, instead of the 30 minute ride I would have had, if I had got on the correct bus. Makes a note for the future - check the number on the bus, before you get on.

Fresh air! Yep, fresh air. I bought some of that today, it was carefully hidden inside a loaf of wholemeal bread that I bought in Sainsbury's. :rolleyes:

View attachment 254827

And again!

38CF010E-5C9A-4F67-8833-54F8823B7724.jpeg

A new phone case. Dropped my phone on the patio this morning and thought I had buggered it. Fortunately the case saved it and took all the damage. New one ordered.

29C885F9-5ED3-4B4C-8B83-99163D347AB5.jpeg

Last edited:
Same case style as mine, which has saved it a few times. Metal panel on the rear so you can stick it to a magnetic holder in the car, and a ring to make it stand up, or put a finger through to hold it.

No metal plate on mine as I have a plate charger and it wont charge through metal. Without a silicon case, I’d be dropping the damn thing ten times a day as these rounded edge iPhones just slip through your hands.

A 750ml tin of Al Fresco 'Dazzle me' paint from Frenchic. I’m going to have a go at painting my UPVC front door that’s faded over the years. Mrs Mottie said I can have a go at it but if I **** it up, she’s ordering a new one! I’d better start softening up some of my rock-hard paint brushes. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back