What have you bought today?

Lol. Nah, we're going on holiday in the Peak District next month and will be doing a lot of walking. I’ve heard that by supporting your arms, they take some weight off of your joints.

Just looked it up. It appears there’s a few other benefits too. We'll see! If not, I’ve wasted £15.99 :eek:

I have used poles for 20 odd years, really help on rough terrain & longer walks, my FIL was a lifelong fell walker and started struggling in his 70s, we bought him some poles and despite some token resistance they gave him another 10 years walking.

Sponsored Links
Pantomime tickets. Mrs Mottie and I are taking our daughter-in-law and grandson to see Cinderella at the Orchard theatre in Dartford just before Christmas. Oh yes we are! Had a bit of a result - I remembered we had a refund voucher from when a show we had booked in 2020 was cancelled due to the lockdown so ended up costing us less than £60. It’ll be his first panto. I love having family things like this to look forward to.

Bought (another) motorcycle. A mint GSXR1100M, as if I don't already have one.

Currently sat in t'pub garden enjoying a cold one.

NOT, 'cos I'm scared to go home & explain why there's yet another motorcycle on a trailer attached to my car, but because me & my lad have had a right hoon today on the 300ml round trip to pick it up & this is probably the best way to end the day.

Sponsored Links
Today I spent £77.90 on 6 tubs of descaler and 6 tubs of intense clean powder from the Miele engineer after he spent over an hour digging crud out of our machine. Probably paid over the odds but it was a guilt purchase as the engineer scale shamed me! :LOL: Wifey regularly uses that calgon stuff but he reckons its a waste of time as the evidence showed. Machine was still under the 10 year guarantee and was expecting this to be chargeable but apparently it was all covered. Result!

So far as I have been able to tell - the Calgon and similar are a massive scam, they are becoming desperate and increasingly ridiculous with there TV ads, trying to persuade the gullible to buy their product. The latest one shows what is obviously just mud dabbed on the washing machine drum.

Someone once calculated that it was cheaper to just replace the entire machine once it died from scale, than the buy the product sold which was supposed to prevent the scale, even assuming it worked.

I never buy such products, no real need. We never get such problems here. The interior of the washer looks like claims the ads make if their products are used.

Lol. Nah, we're going on holiday in the Peak District next month and will be doing a lot of walking. I’ve heard that by supporting your arms, they take some weight off of your joints.

Just looked it up. It appears there’s a few other benefits too. We'll see! If not, I’ve wasted £15.99 :eek:

Mottie on his first pole assisted walk

1660417064411.png

A couple of jars of DIY soup from a craft stall. £10 for two. Just add water and fresh (or tinned chopped) tomatoes for the tomato soup mix and water and coconut milk for the curry soup mix and simmer for 5 days……

AF774C37-E045-4FE9-9352-D4EB668BD2E1.jpeg

I bought some potting compost and some winter green and red cabbages. Should have been started by the end of July but they’ll still be ready for Christmas.

A wire brush. Needed one for removing some flaky paint and I have about a dozen of them in work but at less than three quid delivered tomorrow by 1.00, it’s cheaper than the fuel I’d use going there or to a hardware store not to mention my time! Amazon are quite good for some things.

A couple of jars of DIY soup from a craft stall. £10 for two. Just add water and fresh (or tinned chopped) tomatoes for the tomato soup mix and water and coconut milk for the curry soup mix and simmer for 5 days……

View attachment 276768
Had the pearl barley and sun dried tomato soup yesterday. Took 25 minutes to cook and tasted absolutely fecking disgusting. Threw it away and had a tin of Tommy soup. Not holding out much hope for the other one.

Sponsored Links
Back