What have you bought today?

A replacement foil head for my shaver
Oh my word. I used it this morning and I realise now just how blunt my old one was. I shaved in a quarter of the time I usually take and had a finish not far short of a wet shave. I had to push so hard to shave last week that I actually cut my chin and it bled for 20 minutes - hardly a time-saver! Looked back on my Amazon account and found that I had had it for just less than a year. They say to change every 18 months or so, so I suspect it could have been a counterfeit Braun one. Paid just over £40 for it. This one was £45 from Argos so I’m hoping it’s a genuine Braun one this time.

Sponsored Links
A few days ago I splashed out £165 on a Makita Combi drill and impact driver kit. Register it with Makita and after the SF 12 month warranty ends Makita give a 2 year one but, 'in the unlikely event' it should need a repair, simply take to SF and they will arrange repair, replace or give full refund.

This morning my wife went out and splashed out £2k on a new, lighter mobility scooter. Her current one is too big and heavy to fit in her car so when I am in work she is virtually housebound. Now with this one she can pop in to town and, if there are no parking spaces by the bank, she can park a little further away, take out the scooter, go the bank and then have a little roam around the shops. Fair do's to her, she works hard enough to earn the money so it's good when she can do this for herself.
I'm too weighty to do that. The smaller foldaway scooters do not carry my weight.

Some dried whitebait as treats for the dawgs. They love 'em.

3A1D1A62-AE5F-441F-8831-93E3C3D3BC71.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Oh heck like whitebait as well does that make me an old dog?
We have a vegetarian friend and when we order breaded whitebait as a starter when out for a meal, we tell her they are just chips with eyes. She doesn’t believe us though!

A heads up for you all.

I've just bought a years AA membership for two people, any vehicle plus national recovery. The AA have a deal on at the moment. The roadside assistance is £99 but if you add national recovery the whole price has a third off making it £106 in total. I bought it through TopCashback and I will get £65 cashback bringing the actual cost down to £41. Be quick, the 1/3 off offer ends on Monday night.

If you chose other add-ons such as home start, onward travel, cost of repairs etc and get the price up to £251 or more, you get a stonking £175 cashback. I’ve done that before now but with our fairly new car, I can only get it up to £230!

Remember, you will need a TopCashback account and when you are searching for deals, DO NOT look for the deal on the device you will purchasing it on as it will take ages to get your cashback as it doesn’t track correctly. I think you may be able to if you are in incognito mode or you can clear cookies. I always look on one iPad and purchase on another.

If you already have an AA membership you won’t get cashback for a renewal so do what I do - buy the policy one year in your name with your wife added on and the following year in her name with you added on.

I bought a check up, a clean and a couple of X-rays at my dentist today. £134.95. Ouch!
Mind you, I did get a free sample tube of toothpaste! :rolleyes:

90690EAE-2A6D-4E41-A81C-15D595C7D212.jpeg

Last edited:
Over the last two days, a new pair of Raybans at the airport to replace my old fashioned ones, shoes for me and trainers and earrings for Mrs Mottie's birthday tomorrow. The sunglasses, shoes and trainers were bought at a discount when Mrs Mottie produced her NHS employee 'Blue light' discount card. Noice.

I bought a check up, a clean and a couple of X-rays at my dentist today. £134.95. Ouch!
Mind you, I did get a free sample tube of toothpaste! :rolleyes:

View attachment 273717
We were staying at one of the big chain hotels in Brum, our complimentary newspaper never arrived so at check out I mentioned this and the receptionist apologised and said I will sort something out, she rummaged in a cupboard and gave us a tube of toothpaste.

I treated mrs Mottie to a new iron today. When I was giving it to her, I affected my best Northern male chauvinist accent and said "I'll not see any wife o' mine unable to do t' jobs I married her for because of a lack of t' right equipment". I thought she'd be pleased! :LOL:

D61A8A59-2757-49DB-A402-6BE95B50DFE0.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back