What have you bought today?

It's actually very mild. I have one most days but not every day. The instructions say do not take more than 16 tablets a day!

I don't want to go onto anything stronger like zantac or omeprazole as both may cause long term problems. Also, it boosts my calcium!

I seemed to only rarely suffer it, rarely took the tablets - but one night suffered a bleed (they call it coffee grounds) and had to be rushed in, in shock. Ended up on intravenous for two days there, now on daily lansoprazole, to replace the omeprazole, which they put me on at first.

Sponsored Links
Holland and Barratt have all kinds of things for that. Chewy calcium tabs are £3.50 at the one near us. Find your nearest outlet an give 'em a go.

Thanks. That might work in an emergency. Each tablet though is the same amount of calcium carbonate as two and a half antacids. I would cut mine up. But somebody taking the recommended three tablets a day would be taking the same as 7.5 antacids every day. I'd be surprised if people taking these supplements have any stomach acid left.

Omeprazole and lansoprazole aren't "stronger" lumps of alkali, they're Proton Pump Inhibtors, which reduce the production of acid in the first place, from the specific cells in the stomach.(parietal cells). The ranitidine group do a similar thing in a slightly different way, a histamine thing. Long term taking of PPIs can cause a few things like calcium deficiency, but a lot of peopledo take them long-term.
Gaviscon is carbonates but the Plus/extra versions have the seaweed alginate foam which calms things physically. I had a voice-box funny and was prescribed the latter.

You might get a phone call about PPI's but thems are different ;).

Last edited:
EDIT:

I've now derailed this topic and am in danger I fear of getting it locked.

I've started another in case anyone wants to discuss.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Two years (with a bonus 3 months) Nord VPN. £86. Bought through TopCashback so I’ll get £23 back. £63 in total. £2.33 a month. :cool:

Just renewed our annual Country park parking permit. £73 for two cars in 7 Country parks in Essex. A bargain seeing as we visit them every single day in one of our cars to walk the dog which would cost us at least £3.50 a time. More if we stayed longer.

I've just bought a flight home for the weekend. There are four seats left on the plane but they still want £15 from me, should I want to pick one out of four.

I've just bought a flight home for the weekend. There are four seats left on the plane but they still want £15 from me, should I want to pick one out of four.
If you don’t pick and pay, you know they'll put you in the middle seat!

If you don’t pick and pay, you know they'll put you in the middle seat!
I don't really mind where I sit, it's only 4½hrs and I'll be glad to get home.
But, I do have a strategy. I'll keep watching to see which seats are free, right up until the close online check-in. That way I might have some choice over where I sit.
I've done that a few times and some of the best seats without having to pay.

Not today, but a while back I bought this heap of carp.

IMG_20230313_123312_HDR.jpg

I thought it would be a brilliant idea, beading water away, but it has been a complete failure. It just causes a smeary mess that completely hinders vision and takes ages to disappear once wiped.

We've only just used it up and replaced it with bog standard Aldi ready mixed screenwash.

I cleaned the screen and blades with IPA to get rid of traces of the Rain X but it's formed a coating on the glass which is very difficult to remove.

Having said that, it's much better than it was.

Don't buy this!

Not today, but a while back I bought this heap of carp.

I thought it would be a brilliant idea, beading water away, but it has been a complete failure. It just causes a smeary mess that completely hinders vision and takes ages to disappear once wiped.

We've only just used it up and replaced it with bog standard Aldi ready mixed screenwash.

I cleaned the screen and blades with IPA to get rid of traces of the Rain X but it's formed a coating on the glass which is very difficult to remove.

Having said that, it's much better than it was.

Don't buy this!

I never buy ready mixed/diluted screen wash or antifreeze/coolant. You're paying for something that's convenient, but contains a load of water. For screen wash I always get the cheapest concentrate from Stax, Asda, wherever and it never fails. Plus you get the appealing whiff of alcohol through the vents when used. :giggle:

Although I buy the cheapest screen wash concentrate - cheapest isn't best when it comes to antifreeze. Invest in something quality like Prestone. When it's changed, it's good for another 5 or 6 years before it needs doing again. The antifreeze mix I've got in now is good for minus 25 because I drove to Czech Republic in winter not long after I changed it. Always invest in the best antifreeze, oil and filters.

A years road fund license for my 25Hp commuter scooter. £47
A years road fund license for my 150Hp car. £30
:unsure:

Sponsored Links
Back