What have you bought today?

I listen to podcasts and digital radio.

I want something to leave in my garage, to play above on (rather than keep taking the kitchen radio with me).

Bluetooth speaker, fed from my mobile, or a specific "other" device?

If "other", links to appropriate devices appreciated, as I'm quite clueless as to what to search for.

Sponsored Links
I got my refund two days later on the 27th. Just looked at my statement and I also got it again on 3rd April! Mrs Mottie says I have to get on to them and give it back. :unsure:
Feck me - after having an email out of the blue two days ago from Next saying it was no longer available, a courier turned up with it, again, tonight. I refused delivery and sent it back, again. :unsure: Maybe they‘ll refund me, again. :ROFLMAO:

My wife bought something for the garden last week from Amazon. Here is the box.

And what was in it. Size comparison can be judged by the door catch and door central cross bar.

Attachments

• IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    260.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    260 KB · Views: 42
A complete lack of ovoid chicken expulsions.

Found some ridiculously priced oeufs. 3.70 for 6.
No way!
Eventually found 10 for 3.75.

Compare this to 6 FR eggs before the 5h1t hit the fan: 89p/ 6.

Sponsored Links
30 key gamepad (the WASD on my keyboard are all worn out), KA19 hole enlargement arbor for starrett holesaws (allows you to use the small one at the hole size and a larger one to make a bigger hole), belt phone holder, car windscreen phone holder.

When work gives you a £50 Amazon voucher for not having time off in the past year I tend to spend it on tat... lol

No way!

Shoulda gone to Lidl. I bought eggs AND yet more tomatoes yesterday. Had plenty of both in stock.

I want something to leave in my garage, to play above on (rather than keep taking the kitchen radio with me).

If "other", links to appropriate devices appreciated, as I'm quite clueless as to what to search for.
Sure, bluetooth speaker. Some have wireless chargers

I'm more than happy with this little thing : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HTH3C8S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

If you have a power supply to the garage then why not an Echo Dot ? "Alexa play BOOM radio"

I can recommend the mighty Azatom DAB radio. I haven't had a moment of trouble from it and it provides a good sound. Turn it up for a favourite tune and the volume is very good. Simple to programme and can store a dozen stations no problem. (y)

I can recommend the mighty Azatom DAB radio. I haven't had a moment of trouble from it and it provides a good sound. Turn it up for a favourite tune and the volume is very good. Simple to programme and can store a dozen stations no problem. (y)
Won't play my phone-stored podcasts though, I don't think

No way!

I live near a farm shop. They have thousands of free-range hens strutting around the field (subject to lockdowns) , and have no limit on the number of today's eggs you can buy. Not sure if they let them into the sunflower fields after harvest to peck up the remaining seeds.

Tray of 30 mixed size £5.50. Sometimes £4.50

I'm more than happy with this little thing : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HTH3C8S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

If you have a power supply to the garage then why not an Echo Dot ? "Alexa play BOOM radio"
I was about to buy one of those or something similar so that I could stream music from my phone to it whilst over the allotment but then I remembered about 5 years or more ago, my son bought me a rechargeable base unit for our Alexa. Couldn’t see the point of it until just now! Never been used, still in box so I‘ve dug it out of the drawer we keep all things electrical in and I have it on charge as I type. I’ll see how it charges and I might be blasting out some 70’s music over the allotment this afternoon. :giggle:

Edit: Come to think of it, it had a USB to micro usb charging cable so I should be able to power it with one of the power packs I have.

I’ll see how it charges and I might be blasting out some 70’s music over the allotment this afternoon. :giggle:
Some cracking tunes have come out of the 70s..

Some that are relevant to you that you could play:

Get down (Susie) - Gilbert O'Sullivan

(I never promised you a) Rose Garden (But I made you an allotment) - Lyn Anderson.

Sponsored Links
Back