What have you bought today?

Metal detector arrived about 90 minutes ago, two holes dug out of sight of the hosts cctv. No treasure found despite the detector assuring me it had located silver.

Sponsored Links
When he went in for his booster recently, the vet picked up that our tabby has developed a heart murmur. So today's purchase costing an arm and half a leg is a scan to find out what's going on. Have to wait until next week for the results. Thinking it can't be too bad as he's still shinning up trees and fences and entertaining us with live mice for us to chase around the house. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
When he went in for his booster recently, the vet picked up that our tabby has developed a heart murmur. So today's purchase costing an arm and half a leg is a scan to find out what's going on. Have to wait until next week for the results. Thinking it can't be too bad as he's still shinning up trees and fences and entertaining us with live mice for us to chase around the house. :rolleyes:
Same with my mums little dog. On tablets now costing about £100 a month and every six months she has to have an echocardiogram to see how she's doing at around £300 a pop! Had three of them so far so hopefully she can get a private prescription and buy them online for about a third of the price. Pet meds are bloody expensive. We buy ours for our dog from a trusted company.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Same with my mums little dog. On tablets now costing about £100 a month and every six months she has to have an echocardiogram to see how she's doing at around £300 a pop! Had three of them so far so hopefully she can get a private prescription and buy them online for about a third of the price. Pet meds are bloody expensive. We buy ours for our dog from a trusted company.

Tell me about it. Our cat has just been put on some new pills for a skin condition that seem to be working. He may poss be on them for life. They work out at £800 per year. When the initial supply from vets is used will be getting a prescription from them to source pills from Animed, etc. Scripts from vets last 6 months, so worked out that over a year paying vet for two scripts, will save best part of £500 getting these pills from Animed.

Unfortunately we let the pet insurance lapse, then these conditions arose. Expensive mistake. Won't be happening again!

Tell me about it. Our cat has just been put on some new pills for a skin condition that seem to be working. He may poss be on them for life. They work out at £800 per year. When the initial supply from vets is used will be getting a prescription from them to source pills from Animed, etc. Scripts from vets last 6 months, so worked out that over a year paying vet for two scripts, will save best part of £500 getting these pills from Animed.

Unfortunately we let the pet insurance lapse, then these conditions arose. Expensive mistake. Won't be happening again!
I bet there's a generic for that you could get on t'web somewhere. Find out what's in it.

Last edited:
Aaaaaand…they charged my Amex card this morning. Been onto them already they say wait till it arrives and send it back to them for refund. I said no, refund the charge. They said no can do - their system won’t let them. I said I’m getting on to Amex as that’s an unauthorised charge. They then said charge refunded and they’ll try to stop the delivery and refund will take a few days to show……...but if the item arrives, refuse delivery! No doubt to be continued.…..
I got my refund two days later on the 27th. Just looked at my statement and I also got it again on 3rd April! Mrs Mottie says I have to get on to them and give it back. :unsure:

Last edited:
Our dog is on Apoquel for a skin condition, about £1 per half tablet a day. They may be suitable for moggies.

Thanks, that's what he's just been prescribed. Got what looks like a bit of acne on chin near mouth which doesn't seem to bother him. His neck is the main problem. He scratches it until it bleeds, then when he shakes his head it looks like someone's been self-harming because occasionally the blood splashes on the wall. Also was a bit raw on inner thighs/inner rear legs. Tried special diets, tests, etc but vet can't pinpoint it. The Apo seems to be helping and it's a lot better.

Our vet charges £2.20 per chewable tablet, 3.6mg. Has a whole one each day. You could save yourself a lot by getting a 6 month prescription from your vet and buying them online from somewhere reliable like Animed or Pet Drugs Online. The script is between £10 and £25 and the pills 86p each. Not to worry if you're insured.

Our vet charges £2.20 per chewable tablet, 3.6mg. Has a whole one each day. You could save yourself a lot by getting a 6 month prescription from your vet and buying them online from somewhere reliable like Animed or Pet Drugs Online. The script is between £10 and £25 and the pills 86p each. Not to worry if you're insured.
We got a prescription from the vet and then got them online. We get the 16mg ones and give her half a tablet a day with some grated cheese moulded round it, about the size of a hazelnut.

Metal detector arrived about 90 minutes ago, two holes dug out of sight of the hosts cctv. No treasure found despite the detector assuring me it had located silver.

Spike Milligan used to tell a story about his metal detecting days. He bought a detector at the height of the original craze (was it late 1970s?) and went out with it most days convinced he was going to make his fortune. He stuck at it for five years but nothing, not a beep, came from the detector until one day: beep beep beep - it had found something. Spike got his shovel and dug deep and found...another metal detector.

Thanks, that's what he's just been prescribed. Got what looks like a bit of acne on chin near mouth which doesn't seem to bother him. His neck is the main problem. He scratches it until it bleeds, then when he shakes his head it looks like someone's been self-harming because occasionally the blood splashes on the wall. Also was a bit raw on inner thighs/inner rear legs. Tried special diets, tests, etc but vet can't pinpoint it. The Apo seems to be helping and it's a lot better.

£2.20 is robbery! https://www.vetuk.co.uk/pet-meds-prescription-only-apoquel-c-21_2231

A Wifi extender/booster thingy. £12.99 from Argos to boost the signal to my Wifi camera in the bird box. Picking it up this morning. If it doesn't work, it’s going back!

Sponsored Links
Back