What have you bought today?

50 off 20kg bags of 20mm Cotswold stone and a pair of secateurs endorsed by Kew Gardens. The latter paid for by a gift card from my boss for Easter. :)

Sponsored Links
A £670k bungalow on the Lleyn peninsula, the poor mans answer to Sandbanks . . . . !

I'd never normally be so rude or decadent to take away the locals hopes of home ownership, but Mrs. Lards recent operation results tell us that she has a 70% chance of being totally 120% blind within 24mths. In my defence the house was up for £700k so I don't think many of the local youth could afford it anyway.

We found it quite by accident last week on a short break, I pulled over to re-programme the sat nav & she pointed to it & said "Ooh look". I think she sneakily steered us that ways accidently on purpose.

It has everything I want & it has everything she wants. From the front it's a bit grotty TBH, but from the back it has a view to die for.

Sorry to hear about your wifes eyesight problem Dork.
Hopefully it won't happen, and she will enjoy the sights from the bungalow for many years.

Sponsored Links
I have a weird mate, he's seriously weird but I love him to bits.

We are never happier together than when we're 5' apart sweeping the field, or sat in his very advanced mocked up flightsim cockpit.

Do you have anywhere local lined up to use it? Somewhere that you almost guaranteed to find summat?

We're house sitting in Hertfordshire for a week at an old manor house, busy area in Roman times. I need to look at his cctv screen to see which areas of the gounds aren't covered before I dig up parts of his lawn.
Normally I'm in Cornwall which isn't a metal detecting hotspot, other than beaches that might be good after a strorm.

I bought a small box of Tesco Tea bags....£1
I do so hope it wasn't a purchase on behalf of some other people who may drink it . . . .

Only, when I was young, naive & still 'wet behind t'tabs' I bought a nondescript 1000 bags pack instead of the usual finest Yorkshire PG Trips from t'cash & carry for the works canteen to save the firm a few quids.

My ears are still ringing.

We're house sitting in Hertfordshire for a week at an old manor house, busy area in Roman times. I need to look at his cctv screen to see which areas of the gounds aren't covered before I dig up parts of his lawn.
Normally I'm in Cornwall which isn't a metal detecting hotspot, other than beaches that might be good after a strorm.
We seem to spend a lot of time around Newark, he's convinced that there was a civil war battle there-a-bouts that no one else knows about.

Either there, or the vague boundaries of Leicester Forest East.

He has an approx 3" metal cannonball from down there, which can only be one of the first ever.

I do so hope it wasn't a purchase on behalf of some other people who may drink it . . . .

Only, when I was young, naive & still 'wet behind t'tabs' I bought a nondescript 1000 bags pack instead of the usual finest Yorkshire PG Trips from t'cash & carry for the works canteen to save the firm a few quids.

My ears are still ringing.

Moved from those to Tesco own brand because of (a) price (b) they taste the same to me!

A 60mm exhaust clamp.
One of the mountings broke off the exhaust. So, instead of risking welding it back on to the exhaust, I bought a clamp and welded the mounting to that.
Sorted for 92p.

A £670k bungalow on the Lleyn peninsula, the poor mans answer to Sandbanks . . . . !

I'd never normally be so rude or decadent to take away the locals hopes of home ownership, but Mrs. Lards recent operation results tell us that she has a 70% chance of being totally 120% blind within 24mths. In my defence the house was up for £700k so I don't think many of the local youth could afford it anyway.

We found it quite by accident last week on a short break, I pulled over to re-programme the sat nav & she pointed to it & said "Ooh look". I think she sneakily steered us that ways accidently on purpose.

It has everything I want & it has everything she wants. From the front it's a bit grotty TBH, but from the back it has a view to die f
Hope you both love it.
I had a nice holiday let by Pwllheli, big house with 3 lets. Great financially, but a bit remote. I had plans to spend time there but that turned out to be one visit in nearly 3 years. The weather out there is odd, it's nearly always better than the "mainland".

Hope you both love it.
I had a nice holiday let by Pwllheli, big house with 3 lets. Great financially, but a bit remote. I had plans to spend time there but that turned out to be one visit in nearly 3 years. The weather out there is odd, it's nearly always better than the "mainland".

Spent many a weekend anchored off Llanbedrog. Happy days.

Sponsored Links
Back