What have you bought today?

I thought you would have stocked up with that when you left CP. ;)
Never taken anything from where I've worked without permission and an authorisation slip for security lodge.
Just not worth it. Heard of a guy, many years ago, who worked for Vauxhalls in Ellsemere Port. Over a period of time he almost managed to basically re-build his car, bit by bit. New seats, radio, starter motor, alternator etc and allegedly a new engine/gearbox. Going home one night and security did a spot check. He was confident they wouldn't find anything amiss because they were looking for 'loose' items. They found a tube of glue in his boot and asked him where it came from. Tried to blag it by saying he bought it from such and such a place last week. Unfortunately it was unique to Vauxhall and could not be bought outside the company. Led to a police investigation, home visit etc and that's when they found a garage stocked with various spares etc. Ended up with a prison term after they discovered what he had managed to have done to his car. Others were also caught up in it as accessories for carrying out the work and receiving payment from him.
All for the sake of a tube of glue.

Sponsored Links
That is very high for a domestic water supply and falls just within the guidelines. Are you certain that is correct?
Out of interest, do you know where your water comes from, i.e. is it from a reservoir, river exractraction, groundwater?
We were having trouble when we first bought the spa last year, so my wife contacted Anglian Water to ask if they knew what our supplied PH was. They replied it was supplied at an average of 9.4 which is within range for drinking water. 50% is from surface water and rivers with the rest from reservoirs and boreholes and aquifers. It is then stored in water towers and pumped to various locations throughout EA.

Never taken anything from where I've worked without permission and an authorisation slip for security lodge.
Just not worth it. Heard of a guy, many years ago, who worked for Vauxhalls in Ellsemere Port. Over a period of time he almost managed to basically re-build his car, bit by bit. New seats, radio, starter motor, alternator etc and allegedly a new engine/gearbox. Going home one night and security did a spot check. He was confident they wouldn't find anything amiss because they were looking for 'loose' items. They found a tube of glue in his boot and asked him where it came from. Tried to blag it by saying he bought it from such and such a place last week. Unfortunately it was unique to Vauxhall and could not be bought outside the company. Led to a police investigation, home visit etc and that's when they found a garage stocked with various spares etc. Ended up with a prison term after they discovered what he had managed to have done to his car. Others were also caught up in it as accessories for carrying out the work and receiving payment from him.
All for the sake of a tube of glue.
Used to be a Ford shop near my workshop years ago. Eddlights it was called. Sold genuine Ford spare parts. Owners both got nicked and did bird. They were buying stuff smuggled out of the factory in Dagenham and Liverpool by employees. Got caught when a security guard bought a brake bulb from the shop and he realised that due to the markings on the bulb, the part could only have come from the production line and not from motorcraft who supplied aftermarket parts. It was supplied in a counterfeit Motorcraft box!

Last edited:
We were having trouble when we first bought the spa last year, so my wife contacted Anglian Water to ask if they knew what our supplied PH was. They replied it was supplied at an average of 9.4 which is within range for drinking water. 50% is from surface water and rivers with the rest from reservoirs and boreholes and aquifers. It is then stored in water towers and pumped to various locations throughout EA.
I'm sure the top of the PCV range for pH is 9.5. An "average" of 9.4 doesn't sound right. Of course it's safe to drink but, that's not why the PCV is as it is. PCV = Prescribed Concentration or Value.
pH correction is the last thing done to water in a treatment works (there's a reason for that too) and I would be surprised if the final water is any more than pH 8.
50% is from surface water and rivers with the rest from reservoirs and boreholes and aquifers
It seems as if your raw water is coming from all over the place. Between extraction and storage, it will have been subjected to treatment.

Sponsored Links
We were having trouble when we first bought the spa last year, so my wife contacted Anglian Water to ask if they knew what our supplied PH was. They replied it was supplied at an average of 9.4
Why don’t you buy a PH tester and test the actual water that is in your spa instead of relying on what Anglia water claims it averages? Digital ones are less than a tenner on Amazon. I use a cheap litmus paper to check my central heating system water PH level. Cost me less than a couple of quid. I've used less than ten pence worth in the 4 years I’ve had it!

Last edited:
Why don’t you buy a PH tester and test the actual water that is in your spa instead of relying on what Anglia water claims it averages? Digital ones are less than a tenner on Amazon. I use a cheap litmus paper to check my central heating system water PH level. Cost me less than a couple of quid.
We have a digital one with test strips. Gives accurate readings each time. As a back up we also have some colour changing strips that give readings between a specified range. The odd check with these ones also confirm that the digital seems to be reading right.

2 x plum trees, Victoria and Opal

2 year old spindle trees

just planted them today

A new filter and an uprated trigger for our Dyson V10 cordless vacuum cleaner. I’ve seen the video on replacing the trigger on YT so I’m going to have a go. What’s the worse that can happen? :rolleyes:
Well that went well - Not! New complete body on order. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
2 x plum trees, Victoria and Opal

2 year old spindle trees

just planted them today
Our Himalayan Birch arrived today. A bit thinner than I was expecting. I was hoping to be able to hang a bird feeding table on it but I think it might snap! Hopefully it'll get thicker as it matures.

B783D5FE-DF47-4328-AAE0-9A93539C1A38.jpeg

A foldable tyre, for use on my mtb on turbo trainer

Two hours later, I gave up trying to get the last bit onto the rim, and put the old tyre back :ROFLMAO: :evil:

I must be getting more patient though, as I didn't reach for the angle grinder......

Some hand cream. Working over the allotment, my hands are as rough as hell - my phone doesn't even recognise my fingerprints!

84D6718E-2ACB-4404-BB2D-6B034B29BAF5.jpeg

Metal detector, arrives tomorrow. Just a cheap one for the moment but if I enjoy it I'll invest in some more serious gear.

R.d3889548c7b7cf0327bd754b176544ed

Metal detector, arrives tomorrow. Just a cheap one for the moment but if I enjoy it I'll invest in some more serious gear.

R.d3889548c7b7cf0327bd754b176544ed
I have a weird mate, he's seriously weird but I love him to bits.

We are never happier together than when we're 5' apart sweeping the field, or sat in his very advanced mocked up flightsim cockpit.

Do you have anywhere local lined up to use it? Somewhere that you almost guaranteed to find summat?

Sponsored Links
Back