What have you bought today?

Bought a new front door.

Fitting good, but the tidying up left a lot to be desired. No hoovering inside and the driveway was covered with hundreds of bits of uPVC.

IMG_20240222_141224_HDR.jpg

Sponsored Links
A stopcock, 5 litres of garage floor paint and 10 litres of emulsion for the workshop and some 12mm staples for Mrs Mottie’s upholstery project.

A pair of jeans and a Polo shirt. Both were half price in my local department store. Jeans fit perfect, polo shirt a teeny weeny bit of a snug fit, just like the Fred Perry I bought a while ago and have yet to wear, but that is my incentive to lose a bit of cheeky tummy and drop a bra size or two for the summer! :ROFLMAO: If I don’t, they will go the way of all my other 'slightly tight' bargain buys - our son will relieve me of them!

IMG_6171.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You wait till Mrs Mottie sees a polo shirt with the word Boss, she will think it belongs to her.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Andy

Sounds like that old joke -

Pair of newlyweds return home after honeymoon. Next morning the husband says "put this pair of my trousers on, love". His new wife questions, but then complies with his request. "Right", says the husband " now I wear the trousers in this house, this is the first and LAST time you do, OK?"

Wife says "put my knickers on." The husband laughs and says they're way too small. "Put them on" she orders again. He replies "I'll never get into them". To which the wife says "no, and you never will until you change your attitude!!" :giggle:

Last edited:
Ordered myself a DeWalt laser level, the green one. Got a good price too - £115.

Getting ready for the kitchen install. ;)

Andy
Yep, got confirmation of the delivery date today - May 7th, although I’m getting some fierce warnings from Mrs Mottie - she would prefer to get someone in who she doesn’t know and pay them £300 a day to fùck it up. I told her, I can do that for nothing! :ROFLMAO:

Bought some trousers.

I have never got to grips with the sizing.

The pair I am currently wearing say 44 waist (yeah, I know, I know). They are loose, so I wear a belt.

I have another pair which are 42. They are so tight I can only just about cram into them, but couldn't possibly sit down in them.

Doesn't make sense that there's such a huge difference between two adjacent sizes.

So I've ordered another 42 in the same brand to see what size that is and another in a different brand to see what they're like.

I have never got to grips with the sizing.
Neither can i!

Bought a pair of two of 'work' trousers from both of the German supermarket's. Pair with 34" waist are tigjht. Next pair with 36" waist are even tighter - measured them up and they are just under 34" waist. Bought a 36" pair from Screwfix when they were on offer and those fall off my hips. ..

Dress trousers I never have that problem with - always 34" waist for a perfect fit. Walking trousers always 3 4 for a loose fit.

There are two or three brands I usually buy, and by measuring the garments and trying them on, I know fairly well what each brand means by their nominal sizing.

Some people say that a waist typically measures twice as much as your collar, and in a shop, you can fasten the trousers and try the waistsnd round your neck. No need for a tape measure if that works for you.

Sponsored Links
Back