What have you bought today?

Neither can i!

Bought a pair of two of 'work' trousers from both of the German supermarket's. Pair with 34" waist are tigjht. Next pair with 36" waist are even tighter - measured them up and they are just under 34" waist. Bought a 36" pair from Screwfix when they were on offer and those fall off my hips. ..

Dress trousers I never have that problem with - always 34" waist for a perfect fit. Walking trousers always 3 4 for a loose fit.

I buy a lot of Gant clothing. Sized for fat Americans so they normally fit me well - I’m an L or XL in most of them. I bought a Japanese motorcycle jacket once and had to get a XXXXL size to fit me.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Ordered myself a DeWalt laser level, the green one. Got a good price too - £115.
Just arrived. On a Sunday! Brand new and boxed with instructions in every language except English! Must be a grey market product. Still, I've registered it online at DeWalt for my 3 year guarantee. Been having a play with it around the house.

IMG_1131.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg

Edit: I've found the English instructions. There were two instruction manuals covering all languages and English was in the second one!

Last edited:
Yep, got confirmation of the delivery date today - May 7th, although I’m getting some fierce warnings from Mrs Mottie - she would prefer to get someone in who she doesn’t know and pay them £300 a day to fùck it up. I told her, I can do that for nothing! :ROFLMAO:
My Kitchen fitter was £160 a day. And it shows.

Live and learn.

My Kitchen fitter was £160 a day. And it shows.

Live and learn.
Funnily enough, our daughter was over today and she had a new kitchen fitted by Wren. Had the whole lot done by them - plastering, plumbing, electrics, tiling etc. Unusually, she took my side regarding fitting and said they made a right bodge of it. She didn’t bother complaining (apart from the floor tiles where all the grout dissolved) the first time she washed the floor as they are moving soon and they only had it done to tidy the place up.

Sponsored Links
Funnily enough, our daughter was over today and she had a new kitchen fitted by Wren. Had the whole lot done by them - plastering, plumbing, electrics, tiling etc. Unusually, she took my side regarding fitting and said they made a right bodge of it. She didn’t bother complaining (apart from the floor tiles where all the grout dissolved) the first time she washed the floor as they are moving soon and they only had it done to tidy the place up.

The quality of Wrens kitchens ate not bad, but I always advise against using there recommend fitters. I say this but my brothers fitters where not so bad.

I got my kitchen from Wren, great service, prompt replies to queries, I fitted the carcasses, plumbing & wiring, they surveyed and fitted the quartz worktop, re plumbed the CH at the same time

Bought a couple of "new never used" digital phones.

We have had our FTTP since Feb last year and I've been in the process of updating the old cordless phones with new.

For some reason (maybe we are untidy sluts!) we keep losing these damned cordless things, so I plan to plug a wired phone into the back of the router, so there is always a phone when we can't find the damn cordless ones.

Is it just us or do other people suffer this problem?

I suspect to be fair, it's more about using the phone, putting it down and forgetting where than being untidy.

Mine can call each other, so you can make them ring to help find them. The mobiles have an "alarm clock" that rings daily, so if one has fallen out of sight, it can be heard and retrieved.

Chargers are scattered around the house, so there is a fair chance of a phone being put back in, after use.

Weedblast. Fast acting. Five litres. Gonna git them brambles out the top garden this year (now they've rooted over wall into t'lower field).
Copper nails to save me cutting back shoots of holly from the stump in an awkward corner by the fence.
And a Calathea Medallion for the bathroom, 'cause it's that time o' year again.

:mrgreen:

A pub I used years ago, the landlord had a cordless phone. The handset was usually lying on the back bar, and the base station was at the end of the bar within reach of customers. Forget how many hours of fun we used to have pushing the 'find phone' button on the base station that was a function to help you find the handset by making it ring. Seeing the bemused landlord's face caused by endless 'phone calls' where there was no one on the other end. How we laughed! :giggle:

A whole years gym and swimming membership starting tomorrow.

Me in a few weeks time:

IMG_6241.gif

Sponsored Links
Back