What have you bought today?

Actually these were sweet with a nice taste, a really deep orange colour which is usually a good sign.

Maybe they weren't the same variety as satsumas sold here. I believe the marketing is flexible. Do you know the variety? They sound more like the ones sold here as mandarins.

Sponsored Links
Have you thought about the ludicrous situations above? I'm guessing not. So until the government actually stops being hypocritical and acting AGAINST the environment I don't give a to$$ about it either. Because they certainly don't. Our lives are built around consuming, waste, oil, plastics, road transport, etc, etc - and it's not going to alter any time soon. Obsessing about plastic fruit bags is just a diversion to keep people under an illusion and also feel righteous because they are playing their part, when governments and other countries just carry on regardless.
Yes, of course. I mentioned growing population numbers.

You mention ludicrous in your post. The thing about this situation is that it's ludicrous to say that this country and that country don't give a damn about recycling or whatever, so why should we?

There are countries doing well in this regard and they are helping.

Maybe they weren't the same variety as satsumas sold here. I believe the marketing is flexible. Do you know the variety? They sound more like the ones sold here as mandarins.

No, don't know the variety. Just saw 'Israel', and thought - I need some of those in my life. ;)

Not felt that kind of need for over over 30 years when buying South African apples, etc. :eek:

Satsumas, as sold here, have a very thick skin and are extremely easy to peel. The Waitrose fruit man said that the general rule is that, the easier they are to peel, the less flavour they have.

Sponsored Links
Satsumas, as sold here, have a very thick skin and are extremely easy to peel. The Waitrose fruit man said that the general rule is that, the easier they are to peel, the less flavour they have.

Yes, would agree with that. Almost like the fruit inside has lost moisture and shrunk a bit, pulling away from inside of skin. Wondering if fruit and veg is generally better on continent than UK.

Yes, would agree with that. Almost like the fruit inside has lost moisture and shrunk a bit, pulling away from inside of skin. Wondering if fruit and veg is generally better on continent than UK.

I think he meant when they are in prime condition. He graded them through satsumas (thick skin, very easy to peel, very little flavour), madarins/clementines (good flavour, semi easy to peel) then finally tangerines (very hard to peel and a strong taste, almost as strong as a normal orange).

I think they vary week to week, Aldi had some nice ones then it was M&S, then Tesco, luck of the draw

A seeded sourdough loaf from M&S. I put it in the sour dough bread thread. Didn’t claim to have made it…. ;) :ROFLMAO:

We knew what you where upto.

Don't ever try to fool a Baker :whistle:
I’m a baker. I even bought a special hat to put on when I’m baking to wind Mrs Mottie up so there!

IMG_1824.jpeg

Nope. Serious. It had pride of place on her wall. A painting by Rolf Harris.

Edit: Not Mrs Mottie - Mrs Motties mate.
It was a play with words. And I thought you would get it.

Rolf Harris - Kids - kidding

Sponsored Links
Back