What have you bought today?

A gyroscope. I remember being fascinated when I was given one as a 5/6 year old. It’ll be interesting to see if our grandson will be similarly fascinated when he next comes round. I suspect not!

IMG_0904.jpeg

Sponsored Links
An online speed awareness course. £89. Can't be any worse than attending a physical course - at least it won't be held up by smartarses arguing every point…….

I think you might find (arf) it might be! :p Actually the two various courses I've attended in my life I have actually learnt some stuff, so there you go.

Sponsored Links
Stocked up on tea bags. Decaf tea is pretty much the only thing I drink these days. And of course, I picked up an extra pack of loo rolls.

Got fed up of finding things my old resurrected desktop system was unable to run, so I looked around for something more up to date, and ended up ordering an i7 refurbed Dell 16Gb, 512 SSD.

When you’re fed up with that, I’ll swap you it for my drone. That held my interest for nearly a full hour!

Got fed up of finding things my old resurrected desktop system was unable to run, so I looked around for something more up to date, and ended up ordering an i7 refurbed Dell 16Gb, 512 SSD.

Same here. My 12 year old Acer Aspire desktop has proved reliable until the last couple of years. Had a few faults last couple of years. On board graphics went so changed for seperate card in one of the slots. Old type HD was replaced for SSD 3 years ago - as upgrade, nothing wrong with old HD. Unfortunately the new Crucial SSDs have proved unreliable and I'm on my third one. Now getting intermittent blue screens, failure to boot, screen freezes - and the chap who does my repairs has given up due to health. No idea of anyone reliable to fix. Like plumbers, lots of cowboys out there.

So I bit the bullet and bought new (think it's old stock) Acer Veriton ES2710G desktop for £329. Got the older rear connections I need like VGA screen connection and two PS2s for mouse and keyboard. Got Core i3 whatever that is and 1TB HD, but only 4GB ram. Wonder if this is enough? I only do browsing and word processing - no games. Still, it's got some USB 3.1s which will be a definite upgrade. Hope to get 10 years out of it. Only thing is it's Windows 10, which I have now on old pc. Believe support for 10 ends this year.

Sponsored Links
Back