What have you bought today?

Merkur Futur is my weapon of choice (y)

Taylor's is superb (y)

I looked at them, but wasn’t convinced of the no grip on the handle (I can be careless). Thought about the Parker variant, but opted for semi slant. My Muhle handle no longer fits the thread, it doesn’t tighten up. I’ve swapped them around with my Merkur open comb.

Went with the Taylor’s on your recommendation and on other shaving forums.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Looks like good value, the impact driver has some punch but the combi drill at 60 nm is a diy jessies tool, you need similar nm on that too, a 120 nm combi drill would cost near enough that bare, no batteries, no case.

It's a bit of a jungle buying tools now, you really need to look very closely at the spec to see what you're getting, price is everything, but you need to look at the spec.

Dulux paint. £24 for five litres at b & Q or Homebase, 40 + quid at brewers at the builders merchant, the B & Q/Homebase stuff is contract matt, the Brewers stuff is vinyl matt, different paint altogether, better coverage, better finish and more wipeable.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
You'll be wearing them for the next 12 months boyo.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
No I won't.

I don't go supermarket shopping, I get click and collect. Pay at pump at garage.
Buy any other shopping online.
No face masks required.

If I need to pop to the shops, unlike you I will be responsible and wear a mask to protect others.
Luckily the majority of people aren't tw@ts, they understand controlling the virus is a collective effort.

Luckily the majority of people aren't tw@ts, they understand controlling the virus is a collective effort.

It's a problem without a solution though.
No guarantee of vaccine.
No guarantee of effective treatment .
No guarantee of any longevity, for any acquired herd immunity.

It's a balancing act, between the virus, the economy, and "way of life".
I'm not sure there is currently any "win" on the horizon; only least - bad "losses", which are different for different groups of people, and parts of the economy.

We do hear about the possibility of a vaccine (trials going well) and we do hear about docs/researchers finding better meds and ways to help those who are seriously sick with the virus get better. This is all in just a few months, which is pretty impressive imo.

So to me, it makes sense to keep trying to keep the numbers down. Time will help docs do their research and perhaps, in the not too distant future, there will be a medical way of really dealing with this. Also, the fewer in hospital taking up the beds, the less it costs the NHS (and in the long term) and the more the other medical issues of everyone can be dealt with.

It's a no-brainer to try and keep the spread of this under control.

It's a problem without a solution though.
No guarantee of vaccine.
No guarantee of effective treatment .
No guarantee of any longevity, for any acquired herd immunity.

It's a balancing act, between the virus, the economy, and "way of life".
I'm not sure there is currently any "win" on the horizon; only least - bad "losses", which are different for different groups of people, and parts of the economy.
I totally agree with that, it is very much a problem without a solution.

However having people like Ryler dismissing it as "like a flu virus" and totally ignoring any social distancing rules is no good.

Continuing life with the virus, which means minimises infection rate whilst keeping the economy running as freely as possible requires a collective effort.

Anyway apols to all for hijacking the thread

hijack anything to ram that point home. change the record . everyones bored.

Sponsored Links
Back