What have you bought today?

It's a no-brainer to try and keep the spread of this under control
Apparently not a no brainier for those lacking a brain.

Oh no, I've hijacted the thread again.

Yesterday I bought some Weber briquettes, family barbecue today for my birthday (which is tomorrow)
The Webern ones are dear but they stay hot much longer than the cheapies

images

Sponsored Links
It's a no-brainer to try and keep the spread of this under control

Yesterday I bought some Weber briquettes, family barbecue today for my birthday (which is tomorrow)
The Weber ones are dear but they stay hot much longer than the cheapie

images

Have a good birthday! At least it's (hopefully) better weather today than tomorrow :)

The Weber ones are dear but they stay hot much longer than the cheapie

images
Happy Birthday Notchy...Live The Dream.

Sponsored Links
Looks like good value, the impact driver has some punch but the combi drill at 60 nm is a diy jessies tool, you need similar nm on that too, a 120 nm combi drill would cost near enough that bare, no batteries, no case.

It's a bit of a jungle buying tools now, you really need to look very closely at the spec to see what you're getting, price is everything, but you need to look at the spec.

Dulux paint. £24 for five litres at b & Q or Homebase, 40 + quid at brewers at the builders merchant, the B & Q/Homebase stuff is contract matt, the Brewers stuff is vinyl matt, different paint altogether, better coverage, better finish and more wipeable.
had a dewalt 14.4v 4.0ah before this. its lasted me about 4-5 years and not sure what nm the drill was but the impact did struggle occasionally. this will be ample for what i’m doing though. I cant justify spending over £200.
my most important tool is the mixer. it’s a 1500w worx rotary/sds drill from argos. £50 quid , 10 years ago, it’s probably mixed 10000 bags of plaster , still going.
a comparable mixer would probably cost upwards of £250 and only last 3-4 years.

had a dewalt 14.4v 4.0ah before this. its lasted me about 4-5 years and not sure what nm the drill was but the impact did struggle occasionally. this will be ample for what i’m doing though. I cant justify spending over £200.
my most important tool is the mixer. it’s a 1500w worx rotary/sds drill from argos. £50 quid , 10 years ago, it’s probably mixed 10000 bags of plaster , still going.
a comparable mixer would probably cost upwards of £250 and only last 3-4 years.

last year I switched to Refina superflex finishing trowels, 18" and 24", laying on with a 12" marshalltown, they've made the job a little easier but I'm struggling with ceilings due to old age. Someone said i should get one of the 3 foot flexi blades that go on the end of a pole, any thoughts?, have you tried one?

32 sq metres of Moduleo Midland Oak 22821 'luxury' vinyl flooring. Going to have a go at fitting it myself when it comes. That’ll keep me busy for a day or ten!

Bike chain link removal tool, chain started coming off during freewheel and compared to wifes hardly used bike it seem very sloppy, borrowed one of neighbour and removed two links, seems ok now

I ordered a floor fitting kit in preparation for my imminent flooring job.

New Sony cube alarm clock radio to replace our 20+ year old Sony cube clock radio alarm

I have an original Sony Digicube clock radio that my Old Man bought me one Xmas. Wouldn't say it's lasted a good long time, but it used to wake me up for school. I'm 54 this year. Will still be going strong and keeping excellent time when I'm retired.

Quality!

Sponsored Links
Back