What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
last year I switched to Refina superflex finishing trowels, 18" and 24", laying on with a 12" marshalltown, they've made the job a little easier but I'm struggling with ceilings due to old age. Someone said i should get one of the 3 foot flexi blades that go on the end of a pole, any thoughts?, have you tried one?
only now seeing this! most of my mates have been there and tried them all, I can see what the fuss is about with the refinas if your an in and out 1 coat merchant :LOL:. personally I only use marshalltown gold trowels, not at all interested in flexible blades of any description . they breed poor results. i’ve got an old skool obsession with flat and smooth . most of my work is private domestic so nothing much bigger than a 20mtr ceiling comes along so never been tempted by speedskims either.
I nearly bought a pair of stilts until I went on a job with my mate who was wearing them and realised i’d laid on half a celing while he was faffing about getting them on!

I have an original Sony Digicube clock radio that my Old Man bought me one Xmas. Wouldn't say it's lasted a good long time, but it used to wake me up for school. I'm 54 this year. Will still be going strong and keeping excellent time when I'm retired.

Quality!

Once I stop working completely all clocks will be going out the window!
Why people often got given them when they retired is beyond me.

Sponsored Links
only now seeing this! most of my mates have been there and tried them all, I can see what the fuss is about with the refinas if your an in and out 1 coat merchant :LOL:. personally I only use marshalltown gold trowels, not at all interested in flexible blades of any description . they breed poor results. i’ve got an old skool obsession with flat and smooth . most of my work is private domestic so nothing much bigger than a 20mtr ceiling comes along so never been tempted by speedskims either.
I nearly bought a pair of stilts until I went on a job with my mate who was wearing them and realised i’d laid on half a celing while he was faffing about getting them on!

I do like the flexi trowels, but still go 2 coat, just seems to take some of the effort out. As for 20 mtr ceilings, at my age that's beginning to feel like very hard work.

I do like the flexi trowels, but still go 2 coat, just seems to take some of the effort out. As for 20 mtr ceilings, at my age that's beginning to feel like very hard work.
agreed, it’s not getting any easier, def a young mans game, but when I see what most young men are charging for it makes my toes curl. anything at around 20mtr and I spend some time setting hop ups or platforms so i don’t have to get up and down constantly, that’s the hardest bit. and one of my boys or the wife will keep the hawks coming;)

Once I stop working completely all clocks will be going out the window!
Why people often got given them when they retired is beyond me.
When I retired, my watch was taken off, and it's never been back on.
But my day is still reasonably regimented.
I still use the digital diary though for the occasional appointment.

We were on holiday with another couple, my mate made a big show of taking off his watch and putting it the fruit bowl, he was constantly asking "any one got the time " after that

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back