What have you bought today?

Grey is a difficult colour to visualize on a wall and the choice of shades is mind blowing, I've had customers get through 20 tester pots looking for their perfect colour. Despite knowing the colours I still managed to get caught out last month, bought 5L of chic shadow and decided it were too dark so went with silver quill.

Sponsored Links
She's warming to it. I’ve told her if she’s not happy I’ll do it another colour but that will be it - no third choice colours!
Nope, she's cooled on it. Too dark, gotta be changed. She says she saw a sign at B&Q saying that if you didn’t like your Valspar paint, you could take it back and get a full refund as long as you bought another colour. We'll be testing that promise out later!

Nope, she's cooled on it. Too dark, gotta be changed. She says she saw a sign at B&Q saying that if you didn’t like your Valspar paint, you could take it back and get a full refund as long as you bought another colour. We'll be testing that promise out later!

Higher wattage lighting. (y)

Or go without light shades (y):ROFLMAO:

Grey is a difficult colour to visualize on a wall and the choice of shades is mind blowing, I've had customers get through 20 tester pots looking for their perfect colour. Despite knowing the colours I still managed to get caught out last month, bought 5L of chic shadow and decided it were too dark so went with silver quill.
Yep, been there - and still ended up mixing my own at home because I couldn't get exactly what I was after! :) :)

Sponsored Links
She says she saw a sign at B&Q saying that if you didn’t like your Valspar paint, you could take it back and get a full refund as long as you bought another colour. We'll be testing that promise out later!
Just looked it up on the Valspar site. Nothing to do with B&Q. If you don’t like it, you buy another then start painting the new colour. You have to then take a photo showing at least 1 sq/m of the old and new paints on the wall together, take a photograph of both receipts, upload them to Valspar and they refund you. Not bad when you’ve just wasted £46 on a can of paint. :mrgreen: All here.

Right, bought some more paint today, haven’t put it on yet but it’s going to be too bad if she doesn’t like it, she chose it, she lives with it! Oh, and a new carpet for the lounge.

Last edited:
Hopefully replacement C&G certificates.
Takes about 3 weeks to arrive.

bought 5L of chic shadow and decided it were too dark so went with silver quill.
We bought sh!t loads of Goose Down, am now thinking it may be too light!!
Might slap it all over and use a darker complimentary shade on one feature wall.

We bought sh!t loads of Goose Down, am now thinking it may be too light!!
Might slap it all over and use a darker complimentary shade on one feature wall.

I've used Goose Down on a couple of jobs and it is a nice colour, sometimes though, rooms with large windows and lots of light, it can come over very light, in a dark hallway it's a different colour.
I've got a spare tin of Chic Shadow if you want it for the feature wall.

Thanks for the offer. I'll pass it onto Mrs Secure, who is choosing the colours for this project.

We started with "Pond Leaves" and today I’m going over it with "Green-Eyed Lady". Where do they get these paint names from? No more changes, I’ve put my foot down!

4271A05F-1830-4DC5-9AAD-F39B0A1CAA79.jpeg

5 litres of Saniflo descaler and a new internal sounder for my house alarm as I broke mine yesterday. Was disconnected and hanging there while I painted the panel it was on but I forgot, opened the kitchen door, snapped the wires and it fell to the floor and smashed into a thousand pieces!

Sponsored Links
Back