What have you bought today?

Yes. Tuna has quite high levels of mercury.
Saw a programme once that mentioned cats have high levels of mercury due to the cat grub we feed em. Even something labelled as chicken flav commonly contains fish so pretty hard to avoid with the high street food.

I think rice has the highest levels of arsenic, which is why it's good to soak/rinse before cooking :)

Sponsored Links
Popped to Waitrose and bought some live mussels for tea tonight (with shallots, garlic, parsley and cream), a kipper for breakfast tomorrow and a joint of beef for tomorrow’s roast. How come Waitrose still have a wet fish and a fresh meat counter but Sainsbury's doesn’t?

Sponsored Links
Just ordered a pack of three potato peelers from Amazon. Our one completely disappeared - I think Mrs Mottie chucked it out with the peelings. I had to peel my spuds, carrots and parsnips very carefully with this tiny little, vicious looking and very sharp curved knife from my new set - first time I’d used this one and yes, I suffered a small nick on the tip of my finger when I got too slapdash with it. :rolleyes:

23FBBC89-42DB-4585-A67F-C4294EDBB3FE.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like Mrs CB will be working from home until next year so bought one of these to free up the dining table

OF1085.jpg

A pair of 'MOM' (Ministry of Magic from Harry Potter), earrings for my wife for her birthday next month from her youngest son.

Haven't got a clue what I am going to buy her. :(

Two single and one double Ethernet faceplates, three back boxes, an 8 port Ethernet hub and an Ethernet network tool kit.

Fifty quids worth of diesel, courtesy of my pre-loaded £50 reward card from Karcher when I bought a pressure washer from them a few months ago. :)

Last edited:
Some rechargeable batteries for the house phone and a new dog tag for our dog. Somehow we lost it today from her collar.

Went to Mark's at Lakeside and bought myself some socks, pants and T-Shirts. On the way out I passed the Levi store and bought myself a pair of Levi’s 'flex' 514’s in S T R E T C H denim to account for my lockdown waistline! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back