What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I do like good shoes, now I am a Clarks pensioner I get 33% discount :D

The other half keeps hinting at a pair of George Cox creepers.. keep telling him he's too old for them and Clarks do a nice line :) but will get him some for Christmas, just a mere £250!

Popped into Halfords to buy an oil filter for my commuter scooter and ended up buying more stuff for my Karcher. Couldn’t resist the foam gun or the 3 for 2 offer but fek knows when I’ll use them!

19A1BA07-B1F8-4A99-887A-FC7F9F07D379.jpeg

A Ridley Carbon mtb.

Which I cannot ride currently, due to stitches in my knee from recent escapade...............

Went over Bluewater with Mrs Mottie today and she saw a coat in the Hobbs concession in John Lewis that she liked. They didn’t have one in her size so we went to the Hobbs store - same price there but there was a 20% off sale on for some of their old stock but not anything in the new winter collection so I tried haggling them down - much to Mrs Motties embarrassment - seemed easier to do wearing a mask, don’t know why. They said no to 20% but I did get 10% off as a ‘gesture of goodwill'. Result! Also bought a Hungarian goose down duvet from Marks's - no discount but Mrs Mottie had a voucher for 5X Marks's loyalty points as we bought it on our Mark's credit card so she’s got £12.50 of points to spend. Better than a kick up the arris. :)

Edit: We're both a bit ****ed off at M&S. Took the duvet out of its bag to let it fluff up and whilst looking for any instructions of how long to leave it, I saw a label with the tiniest writing saying 'Made in China'. We try not to buy from China wherever possible so I went all the way back over to M&S to return it but they wouldn’t accept it because I’d broken the security seal and opened it. It’s not as if I’d slept under it - we'd only had it a couple of hours. I feel a bit of a fool as I wouldn’t have expected a 250 quid Hungarian goose down duvet from Marks's to come from China. Crafty barstewards - their website says made in U.K. but only the cheaper duvets. Sod 'em, Marks's are on our embargo list for a while! I’m going to use it over winter and hopefully the stitching will split open and I’ll have to take the bloody thing back next summer for a full refund. ;)

Last edited:
I bought a JTX Freedom Air Rower to I can have a tug between my appendix work healing and me going back to work.

I wouldn’t have expected a 250 quid Hungarian goose down duvet from Marks's to come from China.
£250 on a duvet?!! :eek:
I'd expect it to play me a lullaby and bring me breakfast in bed for that price!

£250 on a duvet?!! :eek:
I'd expect it to play me a lullaby and bring me breakfast in bed for that price!

I posted this before, but now seems an appropriate point at which to re-post it (y)

Reminds me of some comments associated with the news some years ago, that (John Lewis?) were flogging a mattress for £22k.

"The first layer is a finest merino wool mat, sown by artisans.
Next is a bed of two thousand individually hand - polished stainless steel coils, lovingly stitched together with the flax from South Island plants.
Then, finest knitted silk cushioning, merged with hand-stitched cashmere pocketing. All perfectly bound in finest 4000-count pure Egyptian cotton.

And, topped with a gullible bell end who's paid £22k for a mattress. "

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/bed.534126/#ixzz6ak40kt3w

Sponsored Links
Back