What have you bought today?

Thank you Conny. That was helpful and informative. Okay, I know what a plane is now - of course I do. My Dad had a manual one. I thought it would be a one size fits all. But telling me number 4 would be good for a smoothing plane was good too. I'll buy a manual one for starters and hopefully everyone I know will have a quirky chopping board for Christmas.......now onto the carved wooden spoons.........

Attachments

• P1100216.JPG
    P1100216.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 60
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It’s a multi gym :)
530503BC-BF4D-4AA5-B74A-73FD1686C9E0.jpeg

If it was a millimetre bigger it wouldn’t have fitted.

I haven't fancied pool swimming since the lurgy (not scared, just can't be arsed with the faffing).
Too cold for openwater now as well.
MTB for me then from now on, as I live basically on the Chase, although had to wait until my stitched knee healed up.

Very popular - I usually see a couple of multi gym's every time I have a trip to the local recycling centre :whistle:

I had one of these once but gave up on it.....

D108282E-72D2-4969-B1D1-BBB8D8C27918.jpeg

£62.00 for three months treatment against flea, tick, lungworm and other nasties for our dog - that’s almost £250 a year on flea treatments. Bit of a con really as you can buy them online for £22 but you need a prescription. I’m going to look into that next time but I’m sure you have to have a £44 check up to get the prescription. :cautious:

33F2BED5-2ABA-4BAA-8AAC-6A749A83D596.jpeg

Last edited:
Some felt pads to go on the bottom of dining table and chairs. Ordered from Amazon this morning for delivery before 10.00pm and they arrived bang on 10.00pm.

I had to buy a battery for the firms runaround/training car that I lent to my mate only yesterday. Should have replaced it yesterday as it was flat after standing since March. I thought a boost would sort it and it did - but only for a while. It was after 1.00 and I couldn’t get one from my regular supplier as they were shut so I had to resort to Halfords. £92.00 although I have a Halfords trade card so got a decent discount and it only ended up costing me £47.20. I can’t moan - it came with a 4 year warranty too.

I had to buy a battery for the firms runaround/training car that I lent to my mate only yesterday. Should have replaced it yesterday as it was flat after standing since March. I thought a boost would sort it and it did - but only for a while. It was after 1.00 and I couldn’t get one from my regular supplier as they were shut so I had to resort to Halfords. £92.00 although I have a Halfords trade card so got a decent discount and it only ended up costing me £47.20. I can’t moan - it came with a 4 year warranty too.

Good discount from Halfrauds. Brings their price down to level of other suppliers. Got a trade card, but never managed almost a 50% discount.

I think I'm stuck in the 80s with pricing.
Last time I got a skip it was £30 for a mini. But I suppose in those days it was all thrown into a hole and buried. These days, so much is segregated and recycled.

Same with car parts, I remember nipping to Halfords and buying an oil filter and a gallon of cheapie 20/50 for my Metro and having change from a tenner......

Sponsored Links
Back