What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
5 litres of shaver cleaner/lubricant. Free delivery on my last day of Prime membership. I won’t be renewing at £95 a year.

I bought three new windows for the front of my house. I have double glazing but, in the last five years they have been building a new estate in front of my house, on green belt land. They have put the entrance in front of my house so, there now a set of traffic lights there nad two pedestrian crossings. As a result, there's much more noise so, I'm biting the bullet and doing what I've been thinking about for the last three years.

Sponsored Links
What is that, 5l of something to clean a shaver?
Yeah. Some electric shavers come with a docking/charging/cleaning station. You can buy cartridges to pop into them that have the fluid in but they are bloody expensive. I’ve cleaned my cartridges out and I’m just going to refill them.

Three cartridges £15 Vs a gallon of fluid for £20 that will give dozens, if not hundreds, of refills.

Yeah. Some electric shavers come with a docking/charging/cleaning station. You can buy cartridges to pop into them that have the fluid in but they are bloody expensive. I’ve cleaned my cartridges out and I’m just going to refill them.

Three cartridges £15 Vs a gallon of fluid for £20 that will give dozens, if not hundreds, of refills.
Grow a beard (y)

A record player at the weekend, haven't owned one for donkeys years, nor amps, pre amps and speakers etc. The deck I bought was bluetooth and has a built in pre amp so after updating the Bluetooth receiver on my B&W Zeppelin, it works well, sound quality is better than I expected.

Currently dusting off the vinyl and re-acquainting myself with some very old friends.

A Morrisons milk chocolate bar, 100g, reduced from 89p to 50p.

I think I've finally grown out of Galaxy and Dairy Milk and I felt like something different. It was really, really nice. Great taste and texture, not too milky or too sweet. No vegetable fat, just cocoa butter, so it's good quality. Tesco do something similar but that one is a 200g bar and it seems to me to be just a bit too thick for this type of chocolate.

A Morrisons milk chocolate bar, 100g, reduced from 89p to 50p.

I think I've finally grown out of Galaxy and Dairy Milk and I felt like something different. It was really, really nice. Great taste and texture, not too milky or too sweet. No vegetable fat, just cocoa butter, so it's good quality. Tesco do something similar but that one is a 200g bar and it seems to me to be just a bit too thick for this type of chocolate.
I sent a crimping tool back to Amazon the week before last. It simply wasn't up to the job and they gave me a full refund, even though I had used about a dozen of the crimps trying it out.
Came home today to find a padded envelope with my name and address handwritten in neat handwriting. Inside was a bar of German chocolate, (looked similar to a Galaxy but a German name), from the manufacturers. There was also a handwritten card apologising for not being able to supply me with the equipment I required and, due to the information in my feedback, they were now looking at their design to try and correct the malfunction I had pointed out.

Three jars of TTD caramelised onion chutney from Sainsbury’s. I like it because it’s sticky and sweet :rolleyes:. On offer at 60p instead of the usual £2. Use by date well into 2024 so I might buy a few more when I next go there.

IMG_0913.jpeg

Ordered a new tag for my dog - noticed that her current one is nearly worn through. The ones with steel inserts last a lot longer than ones with just a hole drilled in them.

IMG_0914.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back