What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
A sofa. Mrs Mottie took me out to show me one she said she wanted and we ended up spending more than double on a completely different one!
Broke it already! Leant over to pick up my cuppa, heard/felt a 'crack' in the arm and a bit of it has dropped and now squeaks when it’s pressed. Waiting for Next customer service to call me back. :evil:

Edit: Sending their sofa man round in 10 days time to inspect it and fill in a report.

Last edited:
Broke it already! Leant over to pick up my cuppa, heard/felt a 'crack' in the arm and a bit of it has dropped and now squeaks when it’s pressed. Waiting for Next customer service to call me back. :evil:

Edit: Sending their sofa man round in 10 days time to inspect it and fill in a report.

Report will say something along the lines of '... Customer eats far too many big breakfasts'. ;)

Sponsored Links
Pinned. Sometime in the next few months Mottie will be 'raving' about his new air fryer & wondering why everyone else isn't !
Damn you Dork - you’re half right! The other week, my mum offered me her air fryer - she'd only used it 3 times and didn't like it. I turned it down as it’s a f'king stainless steel monster and looked like it came out of a 1950's Russian kitchen. Anyway, our daughter only went and bought me one for Father's day - Mrs Mottie didn’t know - if she had, she would have told her not to get it. Only a small basic jobbie, this one: https://vesync.uk/collections/air-fryer/products/air-fryer-3-5l-cp137-for-home-use-cosori
She bought me the same one she has and she says they use theirs all time and they are very healthy eaters. Yesterday night, I chucked in some chips, onion rings and the grandsons remaining standby chicken nuggets. Cracking meal in 15 minutes!

IMG_5091.jpeg

Tonight, I had a root around in the freezer and I found a couple of cooked but frozen chicken legs. After checking whether cooked frozen chicken could be cooked in the air fryer, in went one of the legs and a handful of chips. Didn’t even bother pre-warming it. 15 minutes later - chicken and chips!

IMG_1128.jpeg

I'm impressed at the moment but I can also remember being impressed with our teasmade, a George Forman grill, a smoothie maker, an ice cream maker, a milk frother, pasta maker, chocolate fountain etc etc

We'll see. :cautious:

Damn you Dork - you’re half right! The other week, my mum offered me her air fryer - she'd only used it 3 times and didn't like it. I turned it down as it’s a f'king stainless steel monster and looked like it came out of a 1950's Russian kitchen. Anyway, our daughter only went and bought me one for Father's day - Mrs Mottie didn’t know - if she had, she would have told her not to get it. Only a small basic jobbie, this one: https://vesync.uk/collections/air-fryer/products/air-fryer-3-5l-cp137-for-home-use-cosori
She bought me the same one she has and she says they use theirs all time and they are very healthy eaters. Yesterday night, I chucked in some chips, onion rings and the grandsons remaining standby chicken nuggets. Cracking meal in 15 minutes!

View attachment 306367
Tonight, I had a root around in the freezer and I found a couple of cooked but frozen chicken legs. After checking whether cooked frozen chicken could be cooked in the air fryer, in went one of the legs and a handful of chips. Didn’t even bother pre-warming it. 15 minutes later - chicken and chips!

View attachment 306368

I'm impressed at the moment but I can also remember being impressed with our teasmade, a George Forman grill, a smoothie maker, an ice cream maker, a milk frother, pasta maker, chocolate fountain etc etc

We'll see. :cautious:
I recommended an air fryer to me mate, on the basis that the chips were superb.

He wasn't impressed.

Admitted some weeks later that his missus had put the chipped potatoes in, but never considered they might need some oil in there too :ROFLMAO:

He wasn't impressed.

Admitted some weeks later that his missus had put the chipped potatoes in, but never considered they might need some oil in there too :ROFLMAO:
First thing I tried was chipping up a potato and trying that out. Not successful. I cut the chips thin like French fries, sprayed them with oil and used the default setting for chips which was 25 minutes at 195° and I pre-warmed it too. Came out burnt. Chucked some frozen oven fries in there, 190° for 15 minutes, no pre-warming. Perfect.

He wasn't impressed.

Up your game with a Breville Joule Turbo - it's not an air fryer but it's another cool kitchen gadget.

I think that will be my next kitchen gadget purchase.

Last edited:
Don’t like too many gadgets cluttering up the worktops so if I really got on with it, I might consider replacing our microwave with this:

IMG_5109.jpeg

. I cut the chips thin like French fries, sprayed them with oil and used the default setting for chips which was 25 minutes at 195° and I pre-warmed it too. Came out burnt.

I'm not surprised.
Too little mass in each chip.

Chip them about 1cm thick, a small splash of veg oil.

200 degrees.

Time will vary, depending on how many you've chucked in.
Enough for two greedy buggers? 25 minutes is plenty.

Mine's an actifry though, so I can see how they're doing via the window

Sponsored Links
Back