what is best alarm system to get with 12 zone with hybrid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

just after some help on what alarm system to get installed... i was looking to get the honeywell g2-20 as i need 12 zones and 3 wireless shock sensor

is there something which is worth lookin at compared to this and how easy is this to install as i will be doing all the work.... i had a look at manaul and i think i might get stuff on calibration of the wireless sensor maybe

thanks for the help

Sponsored Links
Well G2-20 is a good panel.
You sure you have the manual? They do not come with one.

Easy to install if you know how to fit resistors and enroll the wireless.
Visonic could do this all wireless.

Scantronic/Cooper and or texecom could do the hybrid too.

All pretty good, you have to decide how good you want the equipment and how much to spend.

i manage to download the manual from the net... resistor part i know its just the wireless entrol i hav not done before.. i did look at the scantonics but it was coming to the same price as g2 .... my budget is 350ish and no more then 500.... i want a system which not complex to install... i done all the wiring and all that already... i am very good at electronics... even tho this is first time i going into alarm system... but i have a good understanding when it comes to electronics... all this hybrid stuff is new to me tho....

can someone also recommend a good website to get the stuff from... i know how to wire it up.... its the programmin i might get stuck and if worst comes to worst i just pay someone to program it as i know i can do the wiring it up anyways

also on a back door is it better to put shock senor or door contact it one of the 2 doors with top half having a window

thanks for any help givn

Where do i start?

Hybrid.............A mix of tech.

Enrolling, your not sure...............Not in the galaxy panel manual is it :~P

Website, Google, do what others do and search. OR get a trade account and use the websites you cannot now access :D

You will get stuck on programming of you try and change things. Almost all panels ( 20 zone and under) come with a pre-programmed basic set up.
The trick is getting it to do what the client wants. Not as some so called "enginners" think how they can cope. ( No one bother to reply to this bit if your a PRO, you know the score),

You can wire it up, good, allowed for power drops? Cable seperation? Induction? The FCU being signed off? location of devices and if using wireless LOCATION of the recievers/senders?

350/500.........sounds like a Guardtec .........Trade joke.
Possible with trade discounts, or a dodgy internet seller.

Back door, is the path/garden/terrain busy? Heavy traffic?
Answer to that will enable a decent answer. But a contact would be the first school of thought, unless there is a detetor behind the door.
There is another school of thoiught but as self fitted it will not be certificated thus you would not worry about such details.,...................or would you?

Sponsored Links
You can wire it up, good, allowed for power drops? Cable seperation? Induction? The being signed off? location of devices and if using wireless LOCATION of the recievers/senders?

And for above.. i learnt all that stuff at uni while doing my BEng computer system enginering degree about above and i ran all the cables with seperation and away from power lines and i know where recievers/sender is going... 3 to 4 metres from each other .... i am not stupid as you claim to think i am.... just wanted advise on foe section before i do it... i not read the manaul fully yet as its soo massive but as you acting like i am some fool and ur the smart ass here i giv u a section from the manaul page 35.... and if you want i post you the website i got it from

Attaching the PCB
1. Place the PCB over the two plastic supports and the two pillars.
2. Pull back the clip then press the PCB firmly into place.
3. To allow the lid tamper switch (SW2) to function, remove the by-pass link (LK1).
4. Attach the lid tamper spring over the lid tamper switch (SW2).
Addressing the RF Portal
The RF Portal must be given a unique address before it is connected to the power supply. This address
selected via the Address Setup Jumper and can be 4 or 5.
To set the address as 4, fit the jumper to one pin only (open) of Address Setup Jumper LK2.
To set the address as 5, fit the jumper across the two pins (shorted) of Address Setup Jumper LK2.

Connecting the RF Portal
The RS485 (AB) line of the RF Portal must be wired in parallel (daisy-chain configuration) with the RS485
(AB) line of any keypads connected to the system. The RF Portal requires 12 Vd.c. (range 9.0 V to 14.0 V)
and 55 mA. This can be supplied from the control panel power supply or from a remote power supply if the
distance causes a large voltage drop on the cable.
Configuring the RF Portal
The added RF Portal is configured into the system on exiting from engineer mode. If the message XX Mod
Added [<],[>] To View is displayed, the system has recognised that a new module is present. Press the A or
B keys to confirm that the Receiver has been added. If this message is not displayed or the Receiver is not on
the list of added modules, then the Receiver is not communicating with the control panel or has been set to the

i lost you when it comes to the below statement...

350/500.........sounds like a Guardtec .........Trade joke.
Possible with trade discounts, or a dodgy internet seller

Back door, is the path/garden/terrain busy? Heavy traffic?
Answer to that will enable a decent answer. But a contact would be the first school of thought, unless there is a detetor behind the door.
There is another school of thoiught but as self fitted it will not be certificated thus you would not worry about such details.,...................or would you?

thanks for that help.... i hav a pir where that door is so thats why i thought shocksensor.... anyways thanks for the help given....

i will google and do more research to help me if i need anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back