What is most economical solution for a strip foundation here?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, please see attached photo showing rear wall of a 1960's semi-house.

The rain-pipe and sink pipe waste run into this gutter. The green hilight shows where the new proposed 60cm wide strip foundation will run for the rear kitchen extension (about 1m deep).

What is the solution for this drain please because I assume the inspector will want to see some kind of manhole (somewhere) and I can't simply lintel over it as the rain-pipe is running vertically down into it?

Ideally an economical solution as I don't want to transplant the rain gulley, as the drain then runs all the way under the house to the front.

Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• REARDR~1.JPE
    REARDR~1.JPE
    359 KB · Views: 150
Sponsored Links
You need to move it. And rain and foul water needs to go into separate drains, and new rain water gutters may need to go to a soakaway, not the drain

learn something every day.
Thought rain could go into foul but not vice versa.

And rain and foul water needs to go into separate drains

That does depend. Our house is combined, new extension is combined and all signed off. New houses next door are combined. As we are on clay, there isn't much choice, because soakaways won't work.

Sponsored Links
That does depend. Our house is combined, new extension is combined and all signed off. New houses next door are combined. As we are on clay, there isn't much choice, because soakaways won't work.
It needs to unless it can't, then. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back