What is this on my hot water CYLINDER? (Ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! I've been lagging the pipes on my hot water tank in the loft. I noticed this valve on the tank. There seems to be tiny amounts of water coming out of the red button. Anyone know what this is? Is it normal for water to come out?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 20231123_140205.jpg
    20231123_140205.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20231123_140210.jpg
    20231123_140210.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 48
Sponsored Links
An automatic air vent which do tend to leak over time. You can close the cap, to stop the leak, and open it manually to vent the system as required.

Thank you! The cylinder and vent are only 6 months old - should I be concerned that it's leaking already?

Could be some gunk from the system causing it, get the installer back if it's that new.

Sponsored Links
Had the same issue on one i fitted after about 6 months. It began leaking after a refill.
I stripped it down and it was a small bit of dirt.

These are cheap as chips and designed to be removed. I hope the installer fitted a valve on it or its a auto stop type.

I've removed mine. Bag of ****e.
I'll put in a spirovent next time i have the system down.

Thanks for the help! I'll let the plumber know, and hopefully get it fixed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back