What is this

As merlin said, it's easy enough to dispose of safely. Remove the bullet, pour out the powder, and set off the primer with a hammer. The powder can easily be disposed of with a match and a piece of paper.

Alternatively, just take it to the police station. They won't get p***y about a single .22LR round, they turn up all over the place. I've found them under floorboards and stuck in the corners of cupboards a few times.

Sponsored Links
Or you could just say you found it ( if that's the case) when you hand it in to the law.

Wise word (NOT) off peaps the angry troll. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Handing in discovered ammunition and firearms occurs more often than you might think. There is no problem with handing a single .22LR round over to the police for proper disposal.

Sponsored Links
Or you could just say you found it ( if that's the case) when you hand it in to the law.

Handing in discovered ammunition and firearms occurs more often than you might think. There is no problem with handing a single .22LR round over to the police for proper disposal.

I would expect the police to frown upon a firearms licence holder giving a person advice to decommission ammunition when the person they advise doesn't hold a licence themselves, pathetically when they show lack of knowledge...?

I would expect the police to frown upon a firearms licence holder giving a person advice to decommission ammunition when the person they advise doesn't hold a licence themselves, pathetically when they show lack of knowledge...?

I'm sorry, what?

last year someone found a gun and handed it in the next day and got nicked, the police said he broke the law when he picked it up.

so take it to bits or wipe your prints of it and drop it somewhere.

If I remember the case you mean, a person found a gun and took it home.

If he had called the police immediately so they could inspect the scene, they would probably have been happier.

If he had taken it straight to the police station, he wouldn't have been in trouble.

bom1.JPG

I have one of these on my desk what should I do

Be careful not to knock it over, it can put a bit of a dent in your plaster.

No not this one, Mind you could be used as cheaper version and noise free.

Sponsored Links
Back