What kind of filter do I need with underfloor heating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have a combi boiler and two zones, one is underfloor heating and the other goes around 9 radiators. There has been alot of black sludge blocking the heat exchanger the last few years. I am planning to get a filter on the system and I was recommended the Magnaclean Pro 2. However I dont think it filters non magnetic debris like the bacterial stuff in the underfloor which I can see has gummed up the flow meters on the UFH manifold. Should I be getting a filter that does magnetic and non magnetic filtering or is the Pro 2 sufficient? If so any recommendations for a particular filter? (I should add, this has to go on the flow because there is no room on the return)

Sponsored Links
If you're getting bacterial buildup a good dose of biocide is what's needed

I have similar system, and I dipped the filter to have a butchers what was going on after a few years of service.

I recently dosed it again with Sentinel x700, through the filter housing, opinions seemed to be it was OK, I'd like it clearer, but hey ho.

There was very little crud on the filter, so at least that's doing it's job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back