What LED Replacement for 6 x 5OW Halogen Spots?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 6 spot ceiling track fixture in my kitchen that takes 63mm ES screw-in bulbs. It doesn't get much natural light. I changed from conventional R63 spots to CFL's, but found them rather weak, bulky, and the lifespan was disappointing.
I then switched to Sylvania 50W Halogen Hi Spot 63's. These are brighter, but again the lifespan is not what I'd hoped, they're expensive, and it's using 300W.
Can anyone suggest if LED's might be a better and more economic option, if so what sort please, and what is the equivalent wattage for LED (I was originally using 6OW with the conventional bulbs)?

Sponsored Links
Try these for size. I've installed them before and have been impressed with the output. The Megaman lamps seem to last a long time. I doubt you will be overly impressed with LED alternatives at the moment as they are still lacking the light output to match halogen lamps.

Thanks, I might give those a try. And about a pound cheaper than TLC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back