Replacing Halogen bulbs with LEDs - best way of doing it?

I can't help thinking that a simple (using its own definitions) "cables and insulated conductors for low voltage applications shall have a minimum csa of 1mm²" is all that's really needed.
For what it's worth, I agree.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
But the DPC is still using "power" to describe circuits distinct from lighting. As Ban says, all circuits are power circuits!
...but the new Note 4

upload_2017-7-3_12-14-59.png

means a lighting circuit is now a lighting and small power circuit.

In effect, even dafter than before.

Especially as one might expect that the Ikea lights (remember the OP?) probably are less than a fan's nominal 20watt rating.

Sponsored Links
Power and lighting circuits were pre-war supplied from different meters and electric for lights was cheaper than electric for power, as a result using something like a smoothing iron on the lighting circuit was illegal, not sure when both got combined, but I would guess the idea that a lighting circuit should not be used for anything but lights goes back to the time when they were supplied from different meters.

Well it seems we still have different meters The Building Regulations Part L2 effectively call for sub-metering at any final distribution board in non-domestic premises with a floor area greater than 500 square meters. Ideally, lighting and small power loads supplied from a common board should be metered separately. The Regulations also require automatic meter reading and data collection in buildings with a total floor area greater than 1,000 square meters. However we are not really talking about non-domestic premises so it does not really matter in this case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back