what should i do with this wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im going to tile this wall the wall on the right of the image below. however i recently realised that it was way more off level than i thought, its a bit of a bodge to say the least. It actually kinks out and back in again.

my original idea was to ask a plasterer to level it out, but the more i think about it the more i think im going to have to knock off the plaster.

as the whole wall is to be tiled would you advise knocking it all off and plaster boarding the wall?

can i fix plaster board thats to be tiled with adhesive or would i need to batten in some way as im worried about losing to much more width on the room.

thanks

IMG_20151228_191854374.jpg

Above, the tall red line is level, you can see the wall kinks in and out next to it, and if you look in the window you can see the wall slopes out toward the bottom. im assuming the wall underneath wont do this? its way more obvious when you are in the room.

i may take a better picture tonight if it would be useful

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back