What size hole for 6x100 Easydrive concrete screws?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Easydrive seem to be a bit shy of providing hole spec..

The 6x100 have 6mm thread diameter, slightly unsurprisingly (with 4.8mm shank). They're going in to a concrete blockwork wall.

Is there a general rule for hole sizes?

Thank you
Dain

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is there a general rule for hole sizes?

No.
I use DeWalt wall dogs and blue Tapcon(6.35mm) countersunk and it's pretty much trial and error each time('per building', as it were). It is dependant on the wall and how crumbly it is. I keep 4.0mm, 4.5mm, 5mm, 5.5mm and 6mm SDS bits and start from the smallest and try the screw.

PS, I hope you own an impact driver, otherwise, good luck driving them in!!.

Iv'e never used an impact driver to put those in if you use the correct hole of course.

Ive found 5.5mm in most materials.

6mm in harder materials.

they are difficult in hard materials its a fine line between not holding and getting so tight you cant get the screw home.

Sponsored Links
Ive used dozen of boxes of them and found 5mm does the trick. Drill slightly deeper and blow out or vac the the hole first or you could find them binding

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back