What sort of mixer shower for combi-boiler

Agile said:
"""new seals are supposed to last for 5 years if undisturbed"""

Do you know what the official vaillant view is on opening the CC on a service if the CO2 is correct and no other problems are seen?

Tony

Yes, the official answer is to NOT open the cc therefore allowing the seal to last the 5 years, but how can you inspect the heat ex tubes, burner, ignition electrodes, insulation for serious cracks etc without opening it?

My local Vaillant engineer (and I mean time served Vaillant engineer from year dot, not the new group service idiots) suggests ignoring the official advice and always opening to visually inspect it.

Sponsored Links
Bambergaspipe said:
It always amazes me why people want a thermostatic shower..why?
Give me an Eleccy monster any day,Easy, peasy lemon etc.:cool:

Well, can't speak for others, Bamber, but the reason I don't like electric showers is (1) I think the units look ugly on the wall. By contrast, a shower with a fixed head and a recessed mixer valve looks neat. (2) Electric showers are usually a bit weak in terms of pressure. I like a downpour - not necessarily a long non-ecological downpour - but a short one that leaves me feeling as if I've actually had a shower rather than been standing out in a warm drizzle.

Can a thermostatic mixer ever make the shower hose live while you're holding it?

Can an electric one?

There's my answer.

Do you use electric DHW heating too Bamber? If not, why not?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back