What to do with manhole covers?

Chatted to the neighbours, the plonkers have installed a downstairs shower/toilet (about 6 weeks ago) smack on top of the route of the sewer that we share.
So looks like I am stuck with putting an access chamber there after all :(
I have rerouted all the rainwater to the back of the property, where I will have a hopper to pass back into the drain. And have also got the existing waste water from bathroom & kitchen routed into the SVP over the weekend.
So routing the drainage is a lot easier now.
Rough plan of what the drain layout would be now. As you can see the drain run is near on straight to the point of joining existing sewer point.

Daft question of the day, what if I were to use a 'Y' piece instead of the access chamber as the main joining point, as i have the rodding point to access up to the point where the foul run goes into the main sewer??

Your Views
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have discarded my daft thought of the day and introduced the access chamber.
The holes have been dug out and new pipes and chamber layed after ripping old manholes out, not a nice job as the surrounding areas where the sewage has seeped into was wet and stunk :D
Just gotta finish off covering with shingle then throwing old material to backfill. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back