What to start laying this laminate and in what direction?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to lay laminate in this room at the weekend and wondered how you would recommend I start and which direction I should lay the laminate.

Here's the room....

IMG_20200408_214938.jpg

And here's the floorplan....

floorplan_horizontal.jpg

Would you recommend the boards go this way? i.e. Option "B". And, if so, which corner should I be starting in? Should I start at number '1' and 'paint' myself out of the room so to speak?

Or.....

floorplan_vertical.jpg

Should the boards go this way? Option "A" and, if so, where should I start?

So, basically, I'm looking for advice of "Go with option B-4 or A-2 etc" ? I hope my hastily scribbled drawings are clear.

If anyone here with experience can help it would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I would go for option b and start from the threshold, squaring the floor to wall where wardrobe is.
That's because the visible part will be square and if wall 1-2 is not square, surely they'll be dome furniture hiding the fault.

I would go for option b and start from the threshold, squaring the floor to wall where wardrobe is.
That's because the visible part will be square and if wall 1-2 is not square, surely they'll be dome furniture hiding the fault.

Perfect advice ,that’s the way to start and finish your flooring run without doubt.

Great stuff!! Thanks for the advice. I'll crack on with that tomorrow afternoon after work.

Cheers! :)

Sponsored Links
Did the flooring yesterday as per everyone'
s advice and it worked out great. The wife is over the moon so that's the main thing.

Thanks to everyone for your advice :)

(Just got to do the skirting and the trim now and it'll be sorted) :)

IMG_20200410_161625.jpg

IMG_20200410_161631.jpg

What just like this? Cheers stay safe.

Attachments

• 5832A577-186B-4B50-BD22-C928C7079A32.jpeg
    5832A577-186B-4B50-BD22-C928C7079A32.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 236

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back