What to use instead of combi??

Sponsored Links
yes it will be hotter, mats reqd, copper pipe, fittings, controls, cylinder & storage tank or unvented unit
and more importantly an installer that knows what there doing.

You really are thick Drivel, the high flow combi's you are recommending are UNVENTED CYLINDERS, plain and simple, you have wiggled and wormed and yet failed to answer the question, just admit it you did not realise that the 333, Multi and Heatmaster contained unvented cylinders did you.

yes it will be hotter, mats reqd, copper pipe, fittings, controls, cylinder & storage tank or unvented unit
and more importantly an installer that knows what there doing.

Thanks for the help. There is no chance i will be trying to take on this type of work, i just have to find a reliable gas fitter in my area now.

Sponsored Links
Look on the Corgi web site and jot down the numbers of 3-4 RGIs in your area.

You can discuss the points raised above and go with the one you like

...and the plastic tank can become full of boiling water, collapse and scald kids to death.
In the only documented cases of this happening, the cold storage cisterns (not "tanks") were incorrectly installed. It isn't a concern most of the time.

You can keep your existing boiler and still use it to heat a hot water cylinder.

Quite a few mupties dont know how to do that but anyone competent will have no problem.

Tony

Wot? by tapping into the existing flow/return pipework connecting to normal indirect cylinder fed from a header tank then having a seperate hot draw off other than that from the combi. Surely not. ;)

Wot`s a Muptie :?:

You really are thick Drivel, the high flow combi's you are recommending are UNVENTED CYLINDERS,

Look at the Ethos 54C combi.

So what has the Ethos got to do with the fact that you have recommended the Vitodens 333, the ACV Heatmaster and the Atmos Multi, all of which contain unvented cylinders, don't try and wiggle your way out.

The claims of 25 litres a minute from the Ethos would only be achievable, with an incoming volume of around 30 litres a minute, it is not a miricle cure for poor water flow, the customer would require a very good cold water mains flow rate to see the benefit

I never said it was, I said your recommendations to others of the Vitodens 333, The Atmos Multi and the ACV Heatmaster contain unvented cylinders, but you did not realise they were unvented did you.

I never said it was, I said your recommendations to others of the Vitodens 333, The Atmos Multi and the ACV Heatmaster contain unvented cylinders, but you did not realise they were unvented did you.

I do know that. It is the choice of the buyer. They know they are. They can get blown up if they like or buy a combi which doesn't.

The ACV HeatMaster can be vented.

I do know that. It is the choice of the buyer. They know they are. They can get blown up if they like or buy a combi which doesn't.

"They can get blown up if they want", firstly not a single installed unvented cylinder has ever exploded and secondly, you recommended them, you never mentioned that they could explode. because you did not know they were unvented.

"They can get blown up if they want", firstly not a single installed unvented cylinder has ever exploded

They have. ..and they can. Anyone with simple knowledge and common sense can see that can blow up when all fails. You can't That is sad. If you can't identify dangers, then try another trade.

"They can get blown up if they want", firstly not a single installed unvented cylinder has ever exploded

They have. ..and they can. Anyone with simple knowledge and common sense can see that can blow up when all fails. You can't That is sad. If you can't identify dangers, then try another trade.

"They Have", please do tell us where and point us in the direction of the factual evidence, not hearsay or someones opinion and it must be in the UK, we have more safety devices on unvenetd than any other country, I will also ask MODUS if they have any knowledge of such explosions

But you are a hypocrite, you say they can blow up and yet you recommend them, Vitodens 333, ACV heatmaster, Atmos Multi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back