What tools?

I'm glad I read this thread, and Big_Spark's post. I urgently needed a 7mm metric socket (mine only went down to 8mm), and I found exactly what I needed in their Pro range. Open on a Sunday too!

Sponsored Links
if youre using it for work, in the main it doesnt pay to buy cheap. Having said that if its one off stuff thats just handy to have for the odd job then cheap is ok, but for stuff you use everyday go for the best you can afford.

I just tried this lot, had a freebie through the door and i thought its bound to be crap, but ill give it a try for a few odds and sods i wanted, and i have to say i was surprised, some of the stuff appears to be the overstock items from other places like toolstation etc. well worth it for a pound, although i think there loss leaders as they seem to do a lot of normal price stuff as well. You just have to wade through the web site as its not the most userfriendly, but delivery was quick as well

www.whdirect.co.uk

"A bad workman blames his tools" - because a good workman won't use crap tools!

While it's silly to spend too much on a tool you'll only use once, spending too little means that you may not get the job done at all, so for something that's going to be used occasionally go for something that's not the cheapest, and not the full professional version (such as crimpers that cost £50+).

And look *very* carefully at anything you are considering buying on eBay!

Cheers,

Howard

HDRW said:
And look *very* carefully at anything you are considering buying on eBay!

Cheers,

Howard

I only ever buy tools from ebay if its branded, and i know exactly what it is.

Sponsored Links
ebay can be a good place to buy them as long as you do your homework and know the norml price for them. Ive got quite a few good items of off there, but you do have to be careful, especially with fake copies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back