What type of shed that can be easily dismantled?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'd like to get a garden shed for storage purposes but don't want to sink money into buying it only to leave it behind if I move house. What is the best sort of shed with moving it to a future house in mind?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Most wooden sheds consist of pre- made sides, ends and roof panels. They are simply screwed together so are fairly easy to unscrew and move.

As above. Most of them come with bags of nails - ditch them and use screws and you'll be fine (the roofing felt won't transfer very well though).
Unless it's a massive garden lodge type thing I bet you end up not bothering to dismantle it :)

you have to refelt the roof after a move and its extra hassle as in contents need to be moved before the shed is dismantled so contents double handled moved and stored then at the other end stored again till you rebuild the shed and make it watertight after levelling the base all on the moving day that you find a relaxing experience enough to try and save a few pounds that can be better used as a selling point off "storage shed included in sale"o_O
;)

Sponsored Links
Have you seen the Keter plastic sheds?
They can be spruced up to look a bit less 'plasticy' and they won't have started rotting away, if you decide to move a few years later than planned :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back